cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello .. it's been a long time!! ...

Hello boardies! : )  .. some of you that have been around for a few years may remember me .. I use to participate on this board a few years back .  But I have since gotten a part time job that takes up all my free time, hence zero time for this board.   And while I no longer list actively as I no longer need the money and time is limted I still have my whole hoard listen in attempt to sell what I can before I pack it up all up and try at consignment in an attempt to recoup anyting and then off to donation bins.   

However, with how little I sell the store fees are so expensive on my nvoice (month to month, no contract) premium store that many months I just break even or with only a very minor profit it all.  My new year's resolution is to figure out what to do about eBay .. still keep up still and try unload and hope things pick up .. or pack it all in.

I will see how the next month or two go but eBay is not what it was a few years ago for me.  I simply can no loner fathom what I used to make here as profit on a month to month basis.  I am unsure if it as administration issue in that I am no longer moving the chain along by adding new listings or even has just dried up and poshmark and thredup and various online thrift stores have taken some of the customer base.  Do not know if it's only me wtih so few sales or it is acrss the board here at eBay.

Well anyway .. I dropped by as I had some questions on this managed payments that I got an email on ... and I rembembered these boards were extremely helpful .. thought I'd ask . did so on the payment board and then though I'd pop in here to see if any of the old timers are here and thought I'd say hello.

As just a faceless words for so long I am ataching my pic beloew so the old timers can put a face with my posts! 🙂 

I will await my answers over on the payment board.  I hope you are all doing well and sales are still good for you .. that eBay is stil working for some of you .. it worked extremely well for me once upon a time and I am glad I had it a ta time of my life that I needed it.   Put my face to a post now so you know who it is you had been talking to.  The web is can be so impersonal!  : )  ..  Happy Sales and Happy 2021!! ...

20200111_141951 (1).jpg

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hello .. it's been a long time!! ...

Hi!

I stopped selling for awhile and came back about 3 years ago. It’s a VERY different landscape so it was necessary to research, adapt and fiddle the model. I still made consistent money, just less. Worth it though, for a decent part time income based on a relatively simple level of effort.

I’m really more off again now, despite boxes of cool stuff and some old listings still up - challenging full time job, new grandbaby and a zillion house projects. If the stock ends up being retirement puttering and income, so be it. That works too.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply