cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you love Garage Sales?

Unless you are the husband...…...Smiley Very Happy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/man-accidentally-sells-wifes-doll-collection/vi-AAE2S56?ocid=...

latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In the 1980s, my husband bought me a fur coat at a garage sale for 3 dollars.

The man there said it was the wife's and he didn't know how much she wanted.

I sensed she may not have taken that little, herself.

In the 1990s, my husband and I saw a pair of old engine valve covers at a garage sale.  A woman was in charge of the sale.  Hubby asked how much?  She said they were here husbands and he wasn't home.

She took 4 dollars, if I remember right.  Those aluminum valve covers were from the 1950s or 60s? and had the Corvette crossed-flags emblems on them.  We did quite well on eBay with them, back then.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I attended a garage sale that stipulated the proceeds would go 50/50 between spouses. The guy in charge put most everything to $0.10 or less. 

I bet that love was one of those "until death do us apart" Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

Several years ago we'd made a couple boxes for the "pink card guys" who leave a card one week then come back the next to pick stuff up. I said to Cliff "you've put those boxes down right next to my Hallmark miniature Christmas tree box that I'm going to check to see if there is a market for on eBay. Would you put the tree box into my eBay room." I'll remember, he says. Next day of course he put the mini tree box out with the charity stuff, and I didn't realize it until long after they'd come and gone. Wasn't more than a "I told you so" moment, thank goodness it wasn't something really valuable.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply