cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer’s false claim

Asking for some guidance from more experienced sellers. I have been on eBay for a few years as a small seller. I sell collectibles and memorabilia sometimes and having been a collector myself for many years, I only list authentic autographs. A buyer bought one of my best collectibles $150 under the listed price only because I did not want to reject his offer. Now after more than a month he has left a negative feedback claiming the item was not authentic. He never contacted me. I sent him a message that he can return the item for a full refund. I am actually looking forward to receive the item back because it is worth more than it was sold for. It is just frustrating going above and beyond to maintain your sales in order to pay the bills and put food on the table and then someone trying to ruin your review history with such feedback. It was not possible to remove it but I have replied to his feedback. I will be very careful with offers from now on and also with buyers with only 1-2 reviews. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer’s false claim

Most buyers look at the overall feedback, and the ones that dont you probably do not want them buying anyways. Starting next week ebay is expanding the feedback from 80 characters to 500 characters. They say it is for both the buyer and seller, Which is a load, I only receive feedback on maybe 20% of items I sell, I have it set up that feedback is automatically  left for the buyer when they pay for a item. As a seller I have never left a feedback over maybe 40 characters, so no it does not benefit the seller at all.  One more thought, when you get offers on items. You can go into there feedback and see what they have left for other sellers before accepting a offer. It will probably save you some problems.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply