cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An interesting article for sellers to read

Pulled up this article regarding eBay and I found it interesting and thought to post it here for other sellers to read.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4200479-facebooks-next-big-opportunity-ebays-worse-nightmare

I particularly found this paragraph of interest:

Facebook with nearly 1.5 billion daily active users, it has nearly ten times the reach of eBay’s 175 million "global" active buyers. eBay makes most of its money charging fees to act as the middleman for buyers and sellers. Facebook’s business model is all about advertising, as 98% of the company’s revenue last quarter came from ads.

It reminded me of the "good old days", when eBay claimed it was "just a venue" and let buyers/sellers interact between each other, instead of micromanaging everything.  Having been on eBay at that time, I remember it when eBay had a much more "hands off approach".  I also liked the fact Facebook is not trying to charged for everything (unlike eBay) and is more of a communal approach (like eBay use to be).

I do know one thing, which is that many people are concerned about eBay's future as a marketplace and some wishing eBay would be bought out or another company emerge to take its place.  Facebook is just the place for the wheel to be reinvented and God knows Facebook has the means and whereforall to do it.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

There are very large established BST groups..and it is very easy to do. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Go to FB, search in groups for sale groups near you...ta da, you have a selling platform. I don't know what you sell, but FB people tend not to spend 300 bucks for a rock or a falling apart guitar. And, you will have to constantly check your groups you are posting in. I work for a living, so I just don't have time to sit over my items all day. But, I wish you all the best at it.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply