cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay's Treatment Of Sellers

I had a very sililiar experience as red_bank_supply.  My feedback is over 900 with a rating of 100% and trading on ebay for over ten years, I was completely ignored by customer support.  The item was a completely refurbished high end audio amplifier that was tested for forty hours before shipping.

The customer received the item and admitted to using it, then claimed it stopped working, this was three weeks later.  I of course have no idea how it was treated, connected to other components or surge protected.  I explained to the customer that I could not be held responsible for an item that was clearly working when he received it and as stated in the listing, I do not accept returns unless agreed to in advance.

ebay is surely going to side with me on this, after all I am a long time seller that has made them a lot of money over the years.  Could not have been more wrong!  They completely ignored me, they had no interest what so ever in my side of the story.  As with red_bank_supply, I am getting back a non functioning item, that I am paying shipping for the return and losing a substantial amount of money.  It is time to find other avenues to sell through, I am totally disgusted with the attitude towards long time sellers on ebay.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

ebay's Treatment Of Sellers

Hi, we meet again. I haven't had your experience of a bad bidder claiming something was broken, etc. I have been ignored on other points, though, like when I held up a shipment at the buyer's request and was credited with a late shipment even though the buyer's note to delay shipment was right on the details page, as I requested he do to prevent just that problem. It's a trend I've seen growing in the business world--dog eat dog--that is informing the operations of virtually every company these days--they don't care about their customers at all and, baby, you're on your own.

I read recently that Harvard Business School, the gold standard degree for a CFO, has shifted their program and is basically teaching vulture capitalism, filling the financial world with hedge fund whizzes, seriously changing the direction of financial education. It's a lousy trend for sure, seems to be a reflection of our times where morality is viewed as stupidity and/or weakness. Maybe it's stress from overpopulation or politics or whatever, but look at some of the nasty answers we get to our posts. It's deflating and alarming all at the same time.

But we must not forget what Fela Kuti sang, "Don't take my kindness for weakness." We are not without options.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply