cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 30 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Community Chat, March 30 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

jasmen@ebay Any update on my request for policy clarification and stated return policy evidence? referring to this thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-Violated-MBG-E-Bay-still-sides-with-Buyer-Why/m-p/328126... 

Did you get a chance to check with the Returns Team?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Hello all,

I have a question for the eBay Team and the community. I recently was given a slap on the wrist for supposedly listing what were said to be counterfeit items, but the confusion I have is why my items counterfeit the item I listed were the same as the other thousands I have seen on eBay. Why were my items were taken down to prevent me from relisting them and the thousands of others can remain listed? This doesn’t seem fair. If my items are to be removed, I think everyone else that is selling this same item should have their item removed as well. It’s only fair...

Here are some others selling the same item as minds the only difference is they are still active

-----

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques No updates yet, as soon as I get something I'll let you know! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

jasmen@ebay  Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

@teddybear1258 wrote:

Hello all,

I have a question for the eBay Team and the community. I recently was given a slap on the wrist for supposedly listing what were said to be counterfeit items, but the confusion I have is why my items counterfeit the item I listed were the same as the other thousands I have seen on eBay. Why were my items were taken down to prevent me from relisting them and the thousands of others can remain listed? This doesn’t seem fair. If my items are to be removed, I think everyone else that is selling this same item should have their item removed as well. It’s only fair...

Here are some others selling the same item as minds the only difference is they are still active.

Hi @teddybear1258 - sharing item numbers with the intent to name or shame other members is not allowed on the Community, so I am going to have your comment edited to remove those. 

When it comes to items you believe to be inauthentic, we'd encourage you to report them using the 'report this item' link in the item description to alert the appropriate teams to review and take action if appropriate. We do not allow inauthentic items on the eBay platform. Our teams work hard to review and remove items that are in violation of our policies. 

A customer support teammate can review the specific removals on your account and advise you on most appropriate next steps (in general, though, we wouldn't advise you to relist). We also don't discuss action taken on other member's accounts, so they won't be able to tell you about the outcomes of any items or sellers you report. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Not really a question, this is more in the credit where credit is due department: 

My first video- in -Gallery attempt (when the new video tool first came out) took 10 days to review, and was only approved after the Community Team created a ticket for it. My most recent attempt uploaded quickly and was approved within an hour. I realize that both situations might be outliers, but if ebay can get most simple videos up and approved within an hour or so, I think more sellers will use the tool.

So, kudos to the Stores Team on this one!

-----

Edit: A reply to your kudos can be found here

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Not really a question, this is more in the credit where credit is due department: 

My first video- in -Gallery attempt (when the new video tool first came out) took 10 days to review, and was only approved after the Community Team created a ticket for it. My most recent attempt uploaded quickly and was approved within an hour. I realize that both situations might be outliers, but if ebay can get most simple videos up and approved within an hour or so, I think more sellers will use the tool.

So, kudos to the Stores Team on this one!

Thanks for the update about the recent video @my-cottage-books-and-antiques. I'll be sure to pass the kudos on!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Dang where is everyone.  Are we actually having a problem free week !!!!!  

-----

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

ebay stores team had previously announced that the listing form left side category section would soon be removed. I see mine is still in place. Has this rollout begun? Or has there been a delay?

I've been delaying a revamp of my store categories until I see where this goes, but I've also been hoping ebay would provide a video tutorial on the easiest way to revise existing categories/listings. Any chance we will see such a video? I know I've requested this before....maybe you could suggest this to the Stores Team?

-----

Edit: A reply to this question can be found here

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 haha we hope so! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 haha we hope so! 

I believe it only happens in our dreams.  😍

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

There's been a recent change with the Store newsletter templates that makes no sense. We have 3 choices now: welcome, new inventory, and coupon promotion. There's no longer a way to let subscribers know about other kinds of promotions, e.g., BOGO or category-specific sales. There's also no longer a way for sellers to choose the listings we want displayed on the newsletter -- it just displays some kind of random selection.

As far as I know, this change wasn't announced, and it's extremely limiting. As a seller, I want to advertise all the promotions I do, not just coupons. I definitely want to have input into which listings are displayed on my newsletter.

While I do like many of the new store features, I'm frustrated with these newsletter limitations and baffled about who comes up with such changes ... and how? Are real sellers ever consulted? Are we ever going to see transparent communication from the Stores team about what they're up to and their rationale?

-----

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

I've been seeing posts on social media indicating that some sellers have had the camera icon (visual search) restored to the mobile app's search tool. At present, I have Voice and Bar Code icons, but not the camera.

Is this being rolled out?  Or are these sellers just part of a new test? 

I know a lot of sellers (and buyers) would like to see this restored to the app.

-----

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

ebay stores team had previously announced that the listing form left side category section would soon be removed. I see mine is still in place. Has this rollout begun? Or has there been a delay?

I've been delaying a revamp of my store categories until I see where this goes, but I've also been hoping ebay would provide a video tutorial on the easiest way to revise existing categories/listings. Any chance we will see such a video? I know I've requested this before....maybe you could suggest this to the Stores Team?

Great question @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I had heard from them that it was 'in process' but that was quite some time ago. 

Are you seeing it in new listings you're creating from scratch? Wondering if there's a holdover on older GTC listings, and they haven't gotten to 'scrubbing' those yet..

----

Edit to add - re: Stores tutorial video - I haven't heard plans on this other than the one they did a few months ago, but I know that they are eager to see more adoption so I hope this one becomes a reality!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 44
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: