cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Community Chat, January 5 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

how is ebay going to handle the new usps additional postage rates for larger items?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

What I really need as a seller is ACTUAL sales numbers, shipping money collected, refunds, and cancellations broken out in a meaningful way.  I don't care about how much sales tax was charged other than for sales in my state.  Plus a proper breakout on fees and shipping label charges would be nice.  Lumping them together doesn't help me any.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Any update on the app's Image Search tool, which has gone Missing In Action? 

No updates @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! It was removed temporarily and we've not been told why, or when it will be back. You can go here where the mobile team originally posted about it. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

There seems to be more than usual, dredging up old threads. 

With the constant changing of eBay policy and procedures, it seems that 6 months would be an optimal time to have all threads automatically be locked to further posts. 

Is there any considerations for this or is it not a problem?

-----

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  I saw the announcement on the Canada community that they will also soon be having FVFs added back on for sneakers over $100.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Important-information-for-sellers-listing-sneakers/ba-p/4... 

It caught my eye though that they say the effective date is Feb 1st, but then also say they are extending a promotion to allow for fee free sneaker sales over $100 until March 31st.

Just curious if you have any insight why they would do that instead of just making the effective date April 1st?

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have any insight that I can provide as to the reasoning behind this decision.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

I have posted a several times about difficulties with capturing information from Managed Payments. I did not receive a reply to the most recent post. I have a simple request. If eBay would provide a summary for each payout showing sales, fees, postage, net amount paid, and additional categories, if necessary, into a simple summary with one line with total from individual items enumerated in the payout, all in US dollars. The suggestion that the Payouts report could be downloaded is a nonstarter. Each report requires time and some skill to import into Excel and nothing is totaled. Some entries may not be posted in US dollars. Why must eBay make everything so complicated? Please find someone who can respond substantively.

-----

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

After a few months of monitoring the weekly chat, I have a couple of observations:

1. Problems of a technical nature seem to go over the heads of the moderators.
  2. Do moderators have enough experience using eBay to create listings, fulfill orders, or capture accounting data and import it into an accounting package?
  3. The timing and format of the chat does not give posters enough time to post, react, or even attend. If the chat could open a few hours before eBay staff started posted responses, would moderators be able to effectively respond with thoughtful replies instead of reflexively repeated paragraphs from web documentation? How convenient is it to post in a forum that is open for only one hour each week?

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

@secondlifetreasures-llc wrote:

What are the requirements for getting selling limits raised? I am about to hit it again this month already and when I request to raise it, I get a notice saying I am not eligible and I need to build up my selling history. My question is what metric have I not met?

I've been on eBay since November, have had nearly 100 sales valuing over $2000, and I have 100% positive feedback. What do I, and anyone else in the same boat, have to do to be eligible for a limit increase?

Hi @secondlifetreasures_68! We actually have a team that reviews limit increase requests/issues like this. You can go to this help page to learn more and request an increase there. You can also contact the Customer Support team from that page. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

They aren't.  That is the seller's problem.  We just have to hope eBay has the smarts to negotiate a good shipping discount for sellers, otherwise items will get pulled from the site probably.

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

The Selling discussion board is getting a steady stream of (hysterical) posts about the new tax reporting threshold, which seems to have caught many off-guard. I'm specifically concerned about the outright misinformation contained in many of these posts and the fact that they're allowed to stay up.  Do the moderators have a brief to remove inaccurate information? While I can understand that moderators don't want to limit people from expressing their opinions, the stuff I'm seeing isn't a matter of opinion — it's just plain incorrect.

Any hopes that eBay will take a stronger stance on keeping misinformation off the boards?

Hi @creativecrisis - there's definitely an influx of new posts about the tax thresholds, that's for sure!

We've worked to make sure proper resources and information are floated in on-community searches and will continue to work with members who may be confused about what this change means for their business and their obligations. While minor inaccuracies are something that happens, we do have a Community Guideline about not sharing patently false information. If you see a member posting in bad faith (ie, they are spreading misinformation and have been corrected on other threads and continue to perpetuate the inaccurate information on this topic) please report it to the moderation team for review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 40 of 50
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Happy New Year all 😁

I haven't seen a guaranteed delivery option since probably the beginning of covid - is it officially suspended?  Will it make a return?  the delivery date filters are all gone.

Happy New Year @wooden_flower! This program was retired in 2021.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

Thanks for joining the weekly chat this week - it is now closed from further replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive a response. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Why is it that when I go to post on a thread with no replies, click to refresh, still no replies, write my post out and submit it, sometimes it comes up as number 5 or 7 or 8 and someone else has already posted the same thing I did but it wasn't there when I refreshed or began my post?

Hi @gracieallen01! The only thing I can think of is you're posting around the same time others have posted. The system would then place them in the order they officially went through. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 43 of 50
latest reply

Pymnts.com recently did a study that found 67% of microbusinesses say they would be more loyal to payors that offered them free instant payment features.

Any hints at what we might see from Managed Payments in terms of wallet functions, using our balance to make purchases on the platform, options for faster/instant payments etc. this year?

Hey @valueaddedresource! I don't have any insight into upcoming products or features related to the Payments program, but I do know that the teams involved are making sure tools and requests like these are being looked into. Keep an eye on your inbox and the Announcement board for updates to the Payments program over the coming year. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

tyler@ebay  just some additional information on the Repeat Buyer tags issue

It looks like there is a discrepancy between what is counted in different places.

That example I gave in the other thread that showed 2 in the Buyer Insights but 0 everywhere else - they had 2 instances where a buyer made a purchase and almost immediately canceled, then reordered.

It looks to me like eBay removes the canceled order and does not use that for the Repeat Buyer tag on the order page or the Sales By Category charts or CSV, but it *is* counting them as repeat buyers for the Buyer Insights.

buyerinsights1.png

buyerinsights2.png

2022-01-05_14-12-48.jpg

Thanks for this detail @valueaddedresource - I've gotten it passed on to the right team and will update the thread we have on this with information I hear back. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 45 of 50
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: