cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

This isn't critical, but I'm just wondering if anyone is actually home at the @ebay_watches_team alias.

They posted this big braggy ad publicizing a particular watch seller back in late November:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Watches/Catch-the-Latest-Curated-Watch-Picks-from-aBlogToWatch/m-p/324...

What's puzzling is that

1. Their links don't go anywhere that shows actual content.
  2. Their featured seller in fact has no record of selling anything at any time.
  3. They have not answered any questions on the above. (I was just curious as to how one particular seller gets all that promotion when many other watch sellers do not.)

Can someone go bang on their door and do a wellbeing check on whoever is supposed to be maintaining the @ebay_watches_team alias? Thanks... 😉

Message 46 of 67
latest reply

For store users, is there a way to update/edit the listing frame? This function seems to be missing in the new store editing features. It would be great to have a way to add my new billboard to my listing frame and update  category information. Appreciate any help.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 47 of 67
latest reply

Yup I have started linking them to the policies, but they don't read.  I will just have to call them a bunch till I get what I am owed I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 48 of 67
latest reply

Seriously, ebay needs to do what ever it can about the OUTRAGEOUS $15 surcharge come April 3rd, 2022. This will be a business killer to a lot of sellers. I've call, emailed wrote and got hung up on by gov. senators, news stations and USPS head quarters. They will NOT listen to one person, ebay needs to step up and put some pressure on them.

I seem to be the only one even bringing it up

-----

Message 49 of 67
latest reply

Any update on the Voices: Collectibles Community Group? No new activity there in months.

-----

Message 50 of 67
latest reply

Hi There!

Could you get the item specifics team to take a look at ---- Postcards - Topographical -  Canada

The country Canada appears as a drop down.   No Canadian city is in the city drop down.  I cannot find the regions of Canada in the drop down box.

Thanks

-----

Message 51 of 67
latest reply

Agreed.

Why oh why does the language of a book not default to English, or at least not a pesky scroll game to selecting English.

The Item Specifics has earned the nickname of "The Captain Obvious" section.

Message 52 of 67
latest reply

tyler@ebay  - RE the code freeze - if eBay knows they have a code freeze from October to New years, does that mean that everything from the Fall update in September that was listed as "in the coming months" really meant Q1 2022 at the earliest?

And if so....why didn't they just say that?

-----

Message 53 of 67
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the weekly chat this week - it is now closed from further replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive a response. 

Hoping you have a Happy New Year and a great rest of your week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 54 of 67
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Any update on the new features for the Listing Quality Report? Also supposed to be Sept/October according to the Fall Update.

This month, the Listing Quality Report will be available to download in three formats:

A PDF “one-page summary”
An Excel “full report” with one tab per category
A CSV “raw data” file, to be exported for further analysis
In the past, you could see the analysis of your 10 categories with the most live listings. You’ll now be in control of which categories will show up in the report. You’ll also have the option to keep the existing analysis, using the top 10 categories with the most live listings.

Hey @valueaddedresource! I don't have any updates to share.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 55 of 67
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Also this glitch when trying to buy stuff is fun.  I wonder if eBay is even aware of it or have a fix yet?

FHwK-NkXEAIUhfR.jpg

Hey @gwzcomps! That's odd. If you can compile examples of the searches you ran, URL's, etc. and create a separate post we can try to have the tech team take a closer look. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 56 of 67
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

Hi Everyone. 

My question this week is about the forums themselves. 
Why is it that an OP can mark their own response as the solution?

There is a block that won’t allow to mark our own post as helpful, so why is the former an option. 

I think many responders see a thread as ‘solved’ and move on to the next question. I hazard a guess that many times it isn’t even intentional, I did it myself once. Luckily, I was given instructions how to undo it. 

Happy New Year. 

Hey @dryophelia! It's not an ideal situation and is something that's on our radar. Thank you for the additional feedback. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 57 of 67
latest reply

@cstpos wrote:

Can ebay make it easier for Buyers to leave feedback? I noticed that our purchasing person never leaves feedback. I asked why, and she said it's too time consuming. So I offered to do it. When I went to the first order, I clicked Positive, then 5 stars, but the middle section demands a comment. I assumed you'd offer the saved feedback drop down menu that we use as a seller, but there isn't one. You could either make the comment optional, or offer stored comments for buyers.

The owner here asks why we have so few feedbacks in relation to the number of sales. I leave feedback for every buyer as soon as I see the item has been delivered. I know that many people say feedback doesn't really matter anymore, but it does for new sellers and to increase  selling limits.

Hi @cstpos - one the reasons we removed your feedback score from consideration of your account standing a few years ago is that it is not indicative of the time and effort you put into your business (because the response rate from buyers is so low). We proactively send a request for buyers to leave feedback after 30 days, and in the mobile app the last feedback comment left is saved as a stock reply for buyers to utilize if it's still applicable, but outside of that I don't believe there are many more options to streamline that process. 

I know that making feedback a more useful tool for you and simpler for the buyers is something that is talked about frequently, so I'm hopeful we'll see developments on that in the future!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 58 of 67
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

If you have time,  I have stupid question I've been wondering about.

Why, when I search Lenox Rhodora Dinner Plate does eBay change it to lenox rhodora dinner plate?  Do you not capital letters or proper spelling or is this just a thing the site does?  It's annoying if I meant to copy that first and the site changes it.

Hi @divwido - search is not case sensitive, it should return the same results whether or not a term is capitalized. 

I believe that's why you are seeing it reformat your original query into an all-lower-case spelling. I'll make the suggestion you'd like to see the display format consistent with what is input!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 59 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

velvet@ebay "With the Promotions, Markdown sale, etc. pages in the Hub, are you saying you want a direct link to your Store aside from clicking the Store tab at the top of the screen? If so, my guess is they assume sellers will click the Store tab so a separate link isn't necessary."

I'm not talking about pages in Seller Hub. I'm talking about the page my sale is actually on. I'm running one now, so here's a link:  https://www.ebay.com/sme/my-cottage-books-and-antiques/Extra-20-off/so.html?_soffType=CodedCouponOff...

This is a public coded coupon promotion. Not all my items are part of the promotion, this page shows ONLY items that are part of the promotion. Notice that there is no simple way to go back to my store home page from this page. (Yes, a buyer could click on an item, go to the listing, and go to the store home page from there, but why? Why not have a direct link at the top of the promo page?)

You also say: "I know that from the Community 'About' page you can click the link to view their listings ([Feedback number, star] View listings).  Once taken to the sellers listings, you could click into their store at the top of the screen. Is there another area you're saying you want to be able to click to view a posters listings?" I am saying the store home page now contains more features than just a list of sellers listings....the stores team has put a lot of work into upgrading the home page, so why can't the Community Team provide an additional link directly to the Stores Home Page rather than just to "sellers listings"? Give us a choice of clicking on "Sellers Listings" (after all, not everyone ahs a store) or "Sellers Store" (or use the little store door icon). Design should be all about making things simple---I shouldn't have to click to a page of listings, then click a listing, then click "See Store"....I should be able to click "See store"....one click. 

Ah, thank you @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! We're on the same page now. I've passed that suggestion on as I see there is a link to view other items with that seller, but not a direct link back to the store.

I will also pass on your request for a store link in the Communities About page. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 60 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: