cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@michigan_tactical wrote:

hi,

thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that as well is doesn't work 100% of the time.  can I send specific listings to someone to have them look into this and help fix the bug?

I have reported the listing that is failing and after 1 month I still do not have resolution, I have not tried to report in listing flow, do you have directions on how to do this?

@michigan_tactical there are two spots, one is when  you're looking for the product, you can select "Report Missing Product:

jasmenebay_0-1638393527416.png

OR you can select not to use any of the prefilled info and add your own. On this page on the top right you can also select "Send us your feedback" and report it there. Hope that helps! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

How can I get a copy of the details I have had 2 violations on my account for listing prohibited and without a listing I cannot have 1 more violation on my account

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

Since eBay continues to add more and more incorrect item specifics to my listings against my will I was hoping to get more info.  I was trying to find eBay's legal address so I can take eBay to small claims court if problems arise from this malicious behavior.  All I can seem to find is the eBay headquarters address.

Simply put I am not wasting ~$8 of my time per instance to fix your site.

Hello @gwzcomps, while I can't speak to legalities here, please know all our legal info can be found in the User Agreement. 

jasmen@ebayIf you would take the time to read my question I am simply asking for an address.

@gwzcomps If you want to contact eBay with legal concerns, I'll have to direct you to our site's User Agreement so you can get more information about this. The User Agreement is essentially a member's contract with us, and it addresses any questions you may have about our liabilities and arbitration. To access eBay's User Agreement go to www.ebay.com and scroll to the very bottom of the page to access these links:
Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Hey velvet@ebay  not sure if it's too late but I noticed there hasn't been much official promotion of the eBay Facebook Live shopping event going on tonight. I'm really interested to check it out - maybe an announcement here in the community would get a larger audience tuning in? 😊

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Facebook-Livestream-Shopping-Event-For-Certified/td-p/324...

Hi @valueaddedresource - I think that would be a fun idea! However, based on member input over the past few years this isn't something we'd normally highlight as many members prefer not to visit other sites, and we aren't able to do a simul-stream of it here. 

I'm interested in hearing your take on it if you attend, or if you think of a way we could do something similar on the Community platform itself!

Thanks tyler@ebay  - there are tons of eBay seller YouTubers who I bet could help with the tech side of how to simul-stream something like this. Maybe a good opportunity for some seller engagement?

I'll definitely share my thoughts after the event. 😊

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

@easterbasset wrote:

The UPC entry concern from mich tactical reminded me of a different hurdle I have had frequently when entering UPC codes while creating a Listing.

I am certain this is occurring to many sellers. I receive error message stating  the UPC code is invalid. Even after careful proofreading that I typed it correctly.

Seems a shame to have such a definitive identifier, that is originating from manufacturer, be excluded. If time allows, I do free text into description the UPC code, in addition to including photo of actual location on item where I found the UPC.

This 'workaround' is all I can think of, but does it make a difference in  a buyer's search? I can only hope.

Having  the UPC data field accept these item identifiers would be a big "WOW" !

Oh -  this happens with an occasional ISBN, also.

Thanks for the added insight @easterbasset! Make sure you're regularly clearing your cache and cookies as well. If you can find the item in search with the specifics clicking sell similar can help too. If it seems to be consistent please reach out to CS so it gets reported, thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

How can I get a copy of the details I have had 2 violations on my account for listing prohibited and without a listing I cannot have 1 more violation on my account

Hi @michigan_tactical - I know you've probably gone this route before, but my strongest suggestion would be to talk with CS about this. My preferred method is usually via social media (we have great Facebook and Twitter teams). Send them a private message with your first and last name on file, email address and zip code of your registration address and the details of what you're looking for and they will help. 

They will not be able to tell you what you can and cannot list, but they can work with you to clarify why the removals occurred and how they can be relisted (if they can be).

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 51
latest reply

Ok that is fine if you want to dodge the question.  I will just keep a form prefilled with the eBay headquarters address, and arbitration address on file.

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

Hi, 

I am curious if this is true: Ebay CS guidelines are to try to limit "courtesy refunds" to $50 per eBay member per year, with $100 as the maximum allowed per year.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Returns/Limits-on-quot-courtesy-refunds-quot/td-p/32494251

While this does not concern me at this time and has not happened to me would love to hear how it is.

Appreciate the answer.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

I had 6 shipments to go out this morning. Under tasks it said: "Print labels and ship - 6" and "Ship within 24 hours - 5"

The 2 latest payments emails I got were at 11:01 and 11:07 pm Eastern. Why didn't it say all 6 should ship within 24 hours?

Also, that phrasing in general is incorrect. If I shipped those 6 packages 18 hours from then, they would have all been late, even though 18 hours is within 24 hours. It should say "Ship today" or "Needs scan by midnight pacific time" instead.

Hey @carlqsportscards! That isn't a dynamic field, so it won't adjust to less than 24 hours as time elapses. We appreciate the feedback though and hope clicking into the sale and seeing the date/timestamp there will help you to keep track of sales and when to get them shipped by.  

As for why it said to ship five in the next 24-hours, and not six, my guess is that you weren't in that 24-hour period yet based off handling and shipping estimates. If you continue to see a discrepancy though, and you know items that are in that 24-hour window aren't being included, please use the "Comments" link in the upper right corner of the screen to make the appropriate team aware. You can also share feedback there as to your desire to have a countdown of sorts as to when the items need to be shipped by. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 51
latest reply

jasmen, can i email you directly this forum is confusing and I am not receiving detailed answers

-----

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

Hi Community Team. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and Happy Holidays as well.

There's a thread here that is advertising an individual seller's listings:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Handbags/Ring-in-Luxurious-Holiday-Savings/m-p/32500517#M741

This is against the Rules of Engagement:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/td-p/26164369

13. Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including petitions or solicitations for others to buy your items, or use your products. 

This thread should be removed because it is violating community policy, but it is still there.

-----

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

jasmen, can i email you directly this forum is confusing and I am not receiving detailed answers

I can't take your email here directly @michigan_tactical but you can send a private message to our eBay for Business page and they will be able to take a deeper dive for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

I want to see this improve.

Love having items sell, but those occasional late evening sales have tripped me up more than I want to admit!

Those inconsistent time zone  displays (depending on what page you see a time shown), and ambiguous Task phrasings (within 24 hours? huh?) can be more detriment than supportive in seller activity.

I've always wished it would/could show  HH:MM since buyer payment cleared.

After all, that is what I consider the most critical piece of measured data  for maintaining TRS.

A proactive way for sellers to keep tabs is always best.

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Ok that is fine if you want to dodge the question.  I will just keep a form prefilled with the eBay headquarters address, and arbitration address on file.

For whatever it may be worth to you, in most cases, actual legal documents need to be sent to a company's "registered agent". You should be able to get the address you're looking for through your states Secretary of States office.

I believe (but am not certain) that eBay is registered to do business in all 50 states, so if it's not listed under your states SOS, check the SOS of the state where they're headquartered, or the one where they're incorporated. (CA and DE, respectively) 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 29 of 51
latest reply

I'm guessing eBay staff and their preferred sellers don't have to follow those rules.  eBay has proven that in the past by pinning unrelated threads in the wrong areas.

Message 30 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: