cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 28th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone,

Please join eBay Guaranteed Delivery experts here from 12:30 Pacific on Wed Mar 28th Pacific for a live video broadcast, followed by a one hour Q&A chat from 1-2pm.

You should use the Q&A session to ask any questions you have about the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program. 

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion.

[video]

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 28th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Guaranteed Delivery

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today. The chat is now open for questions related to eBay Guaranteed Delivery.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 93
latest reply

I don't have a store. When I go away for a few days I change my handling time. Will GD automatically drop off if I change my handling time to something other than 1 day? What do I do to then put GD back on the listing when I come home and change it back to 1 day handling?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 3 of 93
latest reply

In the Webinar they discussed how Ebay will protect a seller's FB if the seller has shipped on time and the buyer neg's the seller.  However to me that is a little open ended.  Sellers will have to call in to get this protection, but to me that is fine.

Will Ebay will be removing neutral FB?

If a buyer leaves neg FB but does not mention it arriving late, will Ebay still remove it or does it have to be specific to late delivery only?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pvcliff wrote:

I don't have a store. When I go away for a few days I change my handling time. Will GD automatically drop off if I change my handling time to something other than 1 day? What do I do to then put GD back on the listing when I come home and change it back to 1 day handling?

@pvcliff Hi - Yes, if your listings do not have same-day or 1-day handling, they will not surface with Guaranteed Delivery dates.

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

If I'm selling a book---calculated shipping---I offer media and priority. Buyer toggles using the GD toggle, and is given a date based on Priority mail. But buyer then chooses media mail shipping, which is either not covered by GD for his location, or is covered but with a different date.....is that clearly communicated to the buyer in the payment flow, so that he knows he has chosen a later GD date (or even none at all)?
Message 6 of 93
latest reply

Alas, I missed out on the live broadcast, because I didn't tune in until a few minutes before 1pm.
Is there any way to warn us in advance when there's going to be a video?

Is there a way to watch the video after the live presentation ends?

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

Its at the top of this page

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 93
latest reply

GD is kind of like the conscept of TRS+.  It is by listing. 

If you are are a seller that is eligible for the GD program, then any listing you have that meets the requirements of the program will in the GD.

Very similar to TRS and TRS+.  You must first be a TR Seller.  Then if your any or all of your listings qualify for the TRS+ program, they will be labeled as TRS+.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 93
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

@pvcliffwrote:

@pvcliff Hi - Yes, if your listings do not have same-day or 1-day handling, they will not surface with Guaranteed Delivery dates.

So as soon as I turn it back to one day, I just automatically come back up when someone toggles to GD? If so, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Message 10 of 93
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiqueswrote:
If I'm selling a book---calculated shipping---I offer media and priority. Buyer toggles using the GD toggle, and is given a date based on Priority mail. But buyer then chooses media mail shipping, which is either not covered by GD for his location, or is covered but with a different date.....is that clearly communicated to the buyer in the payment flow, so that he knows he has chosen a later GD date (or even none at all)?

Hi again! Yes the buyer will clearly see the new delivery date based on the chosen shipping service.

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

In the Webinar they discussed how Ebay will protect a seller's FB if the seller has shipped on time and the buyer neg's the seller.  However to me that is a little open ended.  Sellers will have to call in to get this protection, but to me that is fine.

Will Ebay will be removing neutral FB?

If a buyer leaves neg FB but does not mention it arriving late, will Ebay still remove it or does it have to be specific to late delivery only?

@mam98031 Hello - There is a batch process to identify and remove this negative (not neutral) shipping feedback without the seller having to call in. However, you can also call in to have it removed more immediately. So far, there have not been any instances identified in our process where the seller met their handling time, the item arrived late, and the buyer left negative shipping feedback. 

Message 12 of 93
latest reply

Buyers sometimes wait till after a purchase has been made to request that I ship to a different address. If I ship to that address per buyer's request, but the zip code is, say, Region 8 not 1 for me, how will GD be handled?
Message 13 of 93
latest reply

Where can we monitor how much eBay is paying out on our behalf?

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Alas, I missed out on the live broadcast, because I didn't tune in until a few minutes before 1pm.
Is there any way to warn us in advance when there's going to be a video?

Is there a way to watch the video after the live presentation ends?

Hi @vrykalak

We advertised the live broadcast above yesterday afternoon. 

If you mean the Webinar that took place this morning, that will be available to watch on-demand on the following page later this week: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/additional-resources/webinars.html

Thanks

Message 15 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: