cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our eBay dedicated watches board!

Welcome to our dedicated forum for watch-related topics. Engage with eBay experts and fellow watch enthusiasts to talk about collectible timepieces or our new programs like Authenticity Guarantee and Escrow. eBay is built on community and watches attract some of our most passionate and dedicated users.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Watch listings and Purchase History / feedback are not working !!!

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are sorry to hear you are having issues accessing certain areas of your account. We have just sent you a private message to get a bit more clarification on the issue so we can help find you a solution!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

i recently accidently deleted my watch list , is there any way to recover it?

thanks Jay D. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hi Jay, 

Thank you for reaching out to our Community Board! Unfortunately once a watch list is deleted, there is no way to recover that list. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or feel free to send us a PM!

Your eBay Watches Team

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I have 30 years experience in trading watches and jewelry in a family business established in 1968.  I would like to inquire about becoming a Rolex authenticator.  We are a long time eBay seller as well.  Since 1998 if I recall correctly.   Im an NWACC, JCK and IWJG member.  We do trade shows monthly

Thank you 

Michael

Houston Jewelry Buyers

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Our business eBay account is different from this personal account for my wife and I...

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and for the partnership all these years. We are thankful to have businesses like yours on the platform. We will send you a PM now with some additional information regarding your inquiry!

Your eBay Watches Team

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@ebay_watches_team I think the final value fee update for Luxury watches is not working? Sold a watch Yesterday. I have a basic store, I sold a 2,750 but the fees was 7.4% instead of 4%. Do you have insights on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

new fee.JPG

ebay fees.JPG

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hi watchchaser,

Thank you for reaching out! The final value fee changes have gone into effect beginning May 3rd, so the new rates will apply. 

To clarify, here's a breakdown for your watch:

Watch price: $2,750

Final value fee for the first $1,000: 12.5%

Final value fee for the remaining $1,750: 4%

The fees are calculated based on the full amount the buyer pays, including any handling charges, the shipping service the buyer selects, sales tax, and any other applicable fees. 

For a full breakdown and an example of how the fees are charged, please check out our full announcement on the Community Board here.

We hope this helps, and thank you for selling through eBay!

Your eBay Watches Team

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I need some help here. I'm 72 years old and gave some money to a young man I trusted at the time. He failed to complete the work and could only offer me this watch as repayment. I listed it, but 2 members have questioned it's authenticity. I have canceled the listing until I can find a watch expert on ebay, or in my vicinity to examine it. I didn't know there were fake ones out there, and this looked like a well made watch.  Can anybody here help me with this? Thank you, mikeb1201

- TAG Heuer watch 1.jpgTAG Heuer watch 2.jpgTAG Heuer watch 3.jpgAutomatic Professional 200 meters Swiss Made Wristwatch 8635808

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Hello - because I saw an eBay discount offered on a nice Omega watch (which just barely drops it into my budget), I had decided to buy it. However, when I logged in to make the purchase - the discount is no longer there. Any thoughts? Will the discount come back?  Thanks

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

What will bay ever do to prevent fraudulent / counterfeit watches? I can multiple fake / counterfeit vintage Tudors, 4 with your Authenticity Guarantee, right now.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Hi Guys,

I recently sold a relatively new TAG Heuer purchased from an authorized dealer in December 2021. The watch worked perfectly when I sent it for authentication; therefore, it passed the authentication process with no issues.

The buyer received the watch today and started a return indicating the timepiece was defective. I reached out to the buyer, and he replied that the crown wouldn't screw, while demanding a refund. 

The buyer contacted eBay and obtained a shipping label to send the watch back to the same authenticator that first assessed the timepiece. If the watch is indeed damaged, I can only think that the damage took place during shipping from the authenticator to the buyer. 

Have any of you had any experience with this? Is there any protection for the seller in such a scenario?

Best regards,

Alex

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@alexvie-1 

Shipping is insured against loss and damage.

We all had similar experiences as it's common to call a perfect watch, damaged, to return it. 

Once you get the watch back, add your expenses to price and relist.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply