cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t add items to my watch list

For some reason, I can’t add items to my watch list.   It’s not giving me the error about having too many items on my watch list, the heart just won’t stay selected, it’s just kinda clicks on & immediately off. I’ve removed almost every item that was on my watch list but it still won’t allow me to add anything.  Need help. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How many active items are you watching?

And how many ended items?

Try deleting some old or ended items. When you do that, do the numbers change?

Once you have deleted some items, are you able to add more?

Try using a browser if you have been using the app to ensure that you can add or delete items successfully.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I’ve tried everything but the browser suggestion. I will try it on my laptop. And I’ll go back & remove more items to see if that works. Thank you so much for replying so quickly. 🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are very welcome.

I would be curious to know how many active and ended items appear on your Watch List when using a browser. If the app is not actually deleting those items, but only appearing to do so, that would allow your Watch List to quickly fill up and prevent new items from being added.

Others have been posting about this issue, but as far as I can tell, I am able to add or remove items from my Watch List using a browser on a Windows 10 machine or using the Android version of the eBay app.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You were CORRECT!! I used my laptop to log on and I had over 500 items on my watch list, most of which I deleted months ago! Or so I thought!! Haha thank you so much for this advice!! I now can save things once again! 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are most welcome. Thanks for following up with the details!

It would appear that sometimes when an item is deleted from the Watch List it is not actually being fully deleted. Still not clear exactly what the problem is -- possibly a particular browser version, operating system or app issue. Glad you were able to get it figured out and now you can watch new items again!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply