cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the deal with oniss watches?

wthames
Enthusiast
The ad claims the oniss "submariner" retails for $1995 but there is no reserve and It sold for $129. Are these fakes or are they misrepresented? If so do they have any value? I can find only scarce info on the web. Please help.
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

ms.limited
Thrill-Seeker
To which watchmaker did you go, if you are from new york, i can suggest a good one?
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Message 31 of 74
latest reply

All of these reports of having repair problems must be a result of miss-communication. I own two Oniss Chronograph watches. 1 of the new style and 1 or the old style. I had my old styles movement replaced and it only cost me $25 dollars. All you have to do is send in a copy of your receipt of purchase so they can verify that your watch is still under warranty and they will repair any problem for the $25 shipping and handling. All Oniss watches have a 1 Year warranty. Of course if you have the crystal replaced it will cost more because it is no a workmanship issue it is an abuse issue and sapphire crystals are expensive. The sapphire crystal in my Rado costs $350 be glad it is not a Rado! The website has info about the address to send it to as well as the watch manual that came with your watch unless you bought it used.
Message 32 of 74
latest reply

Oniss is sold quite often on the JewelryTelevision channel in their watch shows. I don't remember if they are being sold on ShopNBC watch shows. On JTV the prices for the different Oniss watches used to be in the $80 to $100 range. Now, if I remember correctly, they are priced from $100 up a bit. I guess pricewise you didn't get hurt. I channel surf a lot!
Message 33 of 74
latest reply

The ad claims the oniss "submariner" retails for $1995 but there is no reserve and It sold for $129. Are these fakes or are they misrepresented? If so do they have any value? I can find only scarce info on the web. Please help.
Hi,
After 3 months of wearing the watch the ceramic starts to come off the base metal you will know you have been scammed.
I have a true Oniss and it keeps almost perfect time.The ceramic is as it was when new.
I also have a "knock off" which I now keep at the computer monitor to remind me that I was Jacked.
Yes, do your homework and ask all the questions you want to. If you do not get a reply, Forget the sale. If you get a reply- read with a grain of salt.
If it is double talk and/or BS answers forget the sale.
Your questions should be phrased as to force a yes or no answer.
If you truly believe that the watch I am offering you for $25 has MSRP of $600, then I have a Bridge in Brooklyn for sale. I hope this helps.
Message 34 of 74
latest reply

onisswatches.com is NOT their official website, just another domain chock full of shopping links and adware I'm sure. Don't do it.
Message 35 of 74
latest reply

haha, this kinda reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld ~ what's the deeaal with ... who aaarrrrrre these people?

swiss quarts movement watches that are made in China?

with oNiss, maybe they're hoping people would mistaken them for oRis?
Message 36 of 74
latest reply

Thanks to everyone! Very useful information.

Hello,
I have the ceramic watch and one of the links broke. It was replaced by ONISS and returned to me no questions asked. Top notch watch
Message 37 of 74
latest reply

nancy72667
Enthusiast
Please let me know where you sent your watch to be repaired. I have an Oniss Paris ceramic watch that no one can repair and I can't find an address or phone number to contact Oniss. Thank you so much.
Message 38 of 74
latest reply

Try messaging the poster, I doubt if they watch a 3 month dormant thread.
=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 39 of 74
latest reply

People mentioned this site on the thread earlier. They seem to be the main wholesaler for Oniss watches in the States.

http://www.nisimovwatch.com/contactus.html
Message 40 of 74
latest reply

Nisimov Watch company
706 S. Hill Street Suite #1120
Los Angeles CA 90014
Tel: (213) 688-1179
Fax : (213) 688-1154
Toll Free: 1-800-ONISS56
Message 41 of 74
latest reply

Oniss- Nisimov Watch Co Inc.
706 South Hill St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone # 1-800-664-7756

I hope this helps, this is where i called to get parts or service.
Message 42 of 74
latest reply

washingtonianpride
Enthusiast
A lot of new "watch makers" are finding that they can manufacture really high msrp's, and than have their watches sold on auction sites where buyers won't be as aware of actual high-class brands sold at reputable watch shops and some department stores locally and abroad. They'll buy the piece thinking that they've got something as valuable as, say a Movado or a Rolex, at a very low price - but they're mistaken.

If the watches you're buying don't have their own shops somewhere, or they aren't sold at say, Nordstrom, you might be better off to just wait for an actual Mont Blanc or w/e to be listed on an auction site before putting your money on something society won't collectively deem as being that valuable, and which you yourself may not find to be of the best quality (as observed by many people on this thread).

Perfectly legal though. You could set up your own operation of this sort of watch somewhere in China for cheap and make a killing - of course, you'll find others have beaten you to it 😉
Message 43 of 74
latest reply

http://www.nisimovwatch.com/

Also ONISS is a OEM. It will never be a rolax. I own a black ceramic and it's my best looking watch.

I suggest by it from shopnbc or any shopping network. That way you can get an extended warranty, plus you have someone to yell at if you are not happy.

Another suggestion. If the vendor in ebay does not have 100% feeback. I really suggest not to buy something you are not sure about in the first place.
Message 44 of 74
latest reply

" If the vendor in ebay does not have 100% feeback. I really suggest not to buy something you are not sure about in the first place."

Achieving 100% feedback if you sell anything in enough quantity is very difficult to attain - there are just too many wacko buyers out there who leave unjustified negatives - no matter how much you bend over.
Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 45 of 74
latest reply