cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever sued a Seller or have them charged for selling a fake?

I bought an Omega watch on ebay. The seller claimed it was an Omega Seamaster. It wasn't working but I figured I would take a chance on it and have it repaired. I won the watch for just over $124.00. It has an 18k gold back on it and is supposed to be solid gold. I was quite excited once I opened it and air blew it out a bit and it started working. Has been keeping perfect time since. I decided to resale it but was told that if it has no 8 digit number, it is a fake. I contacted the seller and asked him if he was certain it was real and he couldn't verify that it was. He also claimed that it was over his return policy time limit and didn't want to play any games. He wasn't a bit concerned that he may have sold a fake. So, isn't this against ebay policy to sell something unless you know it is not fake? And has anyone ever laid fraud charges agains a seller or sued them for selling fake goods? Please, I know I was a sucker in buying this without knowing for sure it wasn't a fake. So don't bother sending comments stating such. But if someone out there has had any success in laying charges or suing a crooked seller, I would like to hear from you! Thanks!
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

you bought an omega for $124 and your concerned that it is fake?

are you an idiot? 

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to sue a buyer. I sent a hunting coat and pants to the buyer. I know both items were in the box. When he got it he said the pants were not in the box. He had told me buy numerous emails that all he wanted was the pants. And then when he gets the box, what a coincidence the pant's just vanish and he wants his money back. So I called E-Bay and the lady asked if I wanted to close the case, I know you are not supposed to refund money without getting your item back, but I was caught off gaurd and did not want bad feedback, so I said I guess close the caseThe rep did not explain to me that I would not be able o get my money back or my item if the case was closed. The guy ripped me off and E-bay says I started the case so they can't do anything. I have been on hold for over an hour with E-bay as I am writing this letter. Help!! Just to let you know I bent over backwards for this buyer, I held the item until he could save up the money, I even lowered the price to help him, and then he screws me. How do I get my money back?

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Seller here.....
If there is a tracking number that is scanned as delivered to your address....and you claim it wasn't delivered....you may lose. There are very few reasons and very limited circumstances where ebay sides with a seller. This can be one. You don't give any details in your comments about what happened with the tracking, etc. Tracking is different than signature required.
Message 33 of 38
latest reply

You can say it, but the reality is: buyers almost always get their money back. Regardless. If they miss the ebay time frame, they can go through paypal for 6 months. Paypal almost always refunds the buyer, like ebay.
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

The answer is simple.  STOP buying from Ebay, they are thieves, they support thieves and Paypal are thieves.  Sorry for the few that are not.  Amazon is much more customer oriented and safer to use as are other online vendors.

BOYCOTT Ebay!

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

You knew what you were doing you scum. You wanted a quick buck and now you’re not getting it so you want to sue to get that quick buck. Pathetic, you’re the real criminal here.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@vintagehorologist wrote:
Your watch (#280518625190) is most definitely fake. Hard to believe that 14 people bid on the auction considering there are clear pictures of the watch inside and out.

I see these fake "Seamasters" frequently on eBay and they are very easy to identify: Omega has never stamped the triangular mark and .750/18K on the back of ANY model they've ever made. These hallmarks will appear on the inside of the case back of Omega watches, not the outside

As Ace Ventura would say, "I HAVE A DOG AND HIS NAME IS BINGO!" All of us in the watch collecting world have had a learn a tough lesson or two, he should just be glad it was only for $124!

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Im in the process of filing mail fraud charges against a seller who sold me fake tax lien certificates
Message 38 of 38
latest reply