cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would you like to see the mint do next?

There's alot of mixed feelings about the direction the US mint has gone over the years, what would you like to see the mint do next?

What does everyone collect?

I would love to see the mint come out with a $20 silver coin for everyday circulation.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would love to see the mint come out with a $20 silver coin for everyday circulation.

Same here! I think it would breathe new life into our monetary system if the Feds allowed real precious metals to be used again for circulating coinage. Sick and tired of the clad junk....Zinc my foot!

All the coins we see in circulation are so flat too, with no depth and little beauty.

The coins I collect are the ones I want to see in my pocket, coins like the Walking Liberty, Buffalo Nickel & SLQ.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Any PM coins would never see circulation but I love the idea.  I would hoard them to no end.  I want to see the quarter back to it's pre-'98 look.  This statehood-territory-national park-presidential steamy loaf quarter is sooooo old.  Give up mint!!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I would hoard them to no end...

That is the best reason the mint should make a silver coin!!!

sounds like a win win situation to me.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Carroll Shelby's 1969 GT5001969 yenko ss chevelle Bring Bring on the Muscle car commemoratives.   Carroll Shelby's 1969 GT-500 Convertible or 1969 Yenko SS Chevelle 427 COPO 9562

or maybe a 1963 Galaxie 500 Lightning 427

'63 Galaxie

-- Edited by stormynurse at 05/15/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

sidingguy49
Enthusiast

I agree with You Darlene (Stormy)...I'd like to see those cars reproduced...I use to have one of them...the 1963 Ford Galaxy 500XL....actually mine was a 63 and a half and had a landau top...but it was never the same after I blew the first engine..the replacement was so sub par that I sold it cheap and complicated things by buying a 1969 Fiat 850 Spider....I traded it strait across to my brother for his Dodge Dart...that's how bad it was...

OK...back to reality...I'd love to see the US Mint realistically price out their items... Clad proof sets are 31.00 !!!! I bought 2 of them, cause I'm sure the aftermarket isn't going to be that much better and I'm not patient enough to leave open holes in my albums...I always buy 2 sets...one to stay intact and one to split apart...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

cod, My dad had a '63 galaxy when I was a kid.  I sat at the back of the field by the woods later on and my buddy and I swiped the emblems off it.  The neighbor had a party and a demo derby and the car got sideswiped hard. 

Stormy, the muscle car idea is brilliant.  It's way better than whatever they're putting on the coins now.  I'venever heard of some of those places.  I'd rather see an SS,GT,GS or RS than a tree.lol

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I would like the Mint & Treasury Department to totally revamp the designs of our coinage.  I do not wish to see previous designs re-adopted.  I am sure there are artists out there that are capable of designing dies/patterns that are worthy of nations coinage.  I remember viewing a proposed pattern for California state quarters program.  It was elegant and unique.  If we can only get by the politics of it all.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Reverse Proof Buffalos (Four Piece Set)...low mintage of course.

Remember this guy....

YIKES !!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Agree, Like the Canada Mint does, every few months the CA-Mint produces a 20 dollar coin with 7.96 G of AG for with a 20 dollar price tag. The negative part as a none dealer, I can only purchase 3.

The price is right. The designs are great and PLEASE US MINT do the same. One difference however, instead of the 250 K that Canada produces, mint more.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply