cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

silver coins

I have 2 1960 quarters in good shape, 1960 dollar piece, ,1926 dollar piece and 1878 dollar piece. which are both a bit faded and id like to know if there is any value to them still??  my father was a collector and i found these. they were loose not protected .  I also have two different 2 dollar bills with the red serial numbers and the red  Dept of the treasury stamps,one has it on the left and one has it on the right. pictures of the coins are added.  thanks for your help, jill

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

silver coins

The 1960 quarters if not in Mint state or Proof are really only worth spot price. The Morgan on the bottom left is a good year. There are many attributes (called VAMS) that go along with this date if it happens to be one of the better vans it could be worth something but without knowing I can't say. Typical 1878 that are just common with NO VAMS is worth about $30.00 to $50.00 for a very nice one. The piece dollar on the right well depending on the shape it is in could be worth a little bit. Without seeing them face to face I would say you probably have between 30 and 50.00 but again pictures are very hard to try to grade by so without holding them that is what I would say about them. The franklin at the top is in circulated shape so I would place it around 10 to 12 dollars.
The red seals could be a different story. Some are with a bit of money and some are worth 3 to 10.00.
Now you asked me a question without asking what it was you wanted to know. I will be so bold and answer that question, are these worth messing with? I would say to be honest you would be better putting them up until the price of silver goes up and sell them then. You may list them on eBay but not sure what they will go for may be a waste of your time. The notes? It all depends on the year series and who signed them also the condition they are in. If you pass on some pictures of them so I can see them I will try to help.
I have to let you know up front that if you ask me a question I will do my best to help but I won't lie to you and tell you just what you want to hear. I figure it is better to just be honest and go from there. I would say that if you have children you may save these items until they get of teen age. Theyay like them and want to collect the or they may ask to borrow another .75 cents so they can get a soda or ice cream . Hope I have helped if not try again and spit out what you want to know and I will always do my best. David
Message 2 of 2
latest reply