cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many Ali and Cassius Clay Proline football autos Fakes

Please spread this.  Football card auction section is being Flooded with the Ali and Cassius Clay autographs!!! Theres no way that many could be coming up for auction. There was/has been a problem with these cards in the past. I wont even trust the graded ones right now, these bad actors are even good at taking the good autos out of sealed graded cards and putting fakes in. The con artist have found a way to fake the crimp stamp on the cards and then forge the autograph. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yours is not the only problem with signed/autographed items on ebay. I got involved with signed political items and found that sellers were offering items signed by Autopen. I eventually made a discovery that Autopen acknowledged. I contacted many sellers of such and some were nice enough to revise their listings and some didn't. COAs are not always trustworthy. I got taken also which taught me to be careful. A major auction house didn't even want to respond when I told them the names on a COA. Too much skullduggery.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yours is not the only problem with signed/autographed items on ebay. I got involved with signed political items and found that sellers were offering items signed by Autopen. I eventually made a discovery that Autopen acknowledged. I contacted many sellers of such and some were nice enough to revise their listings and some didn't. COAs are not always trustworthy. I got taken also which taught me to be careful. A major auction house didn't even want to respond when I told them the names on a COA. Too much skullduggery.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yeah i look at a lot of historical autos on Ebay. I see a lot of autos on envelopes. I think to myself “ hmmm really? Celebrities/ politicians.  signed  a lot back in the day on these envelopes.” I think the con is the envelopes are or look old so it gives the buyer a since that the timeline adds up. Also with the historical autos see a lot of the same rare auto in a period of time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply