cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a listing delay when selling Connor McDavid and Connor Bedard items?

This is not a major issue, but more of an annoying one. I have noticed since about August of 2023 that when I attempt to list items in the Trading Cards categories, those that have the names Bedard or McDavid in the title or item specifics, have pretty consistent 24 hour delays before the listings can be seen publicly. It's not random either. It happens every time I list items of those two players.

Just now, I uploaded 7 new listings to the eBay.com site, including one that had Bedard in the title. The 6 listings without Bedard in the title were all visible within about 10 minutes, while the one with Bedard in the title is once again nowhere to be seen. It will most likely be visible in just under 24 hours which is the standard I've noticed since last August. 

I'm just curious why this is occuring with there 2 players, and will it ever be rectified? This also only seems to occur on the eBay.com site. I also use the eBay.ca site, and listings involving these 2 players are uploaded quickly and timely like the majority of the rest of my listings. 

Derek

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why is there a listing delay when selling Connor McDavid and Connor Bedard items?

@icouldusesomeluck,

Though your topic is about sports card listings, it should have been posted on the Selling board because it is a listing issue, that may happen in other categories too.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

12-24 hours indexing is the stated norm even though it usually takes much less time.   

And there may be additional AI checking for expensive sports cards that we don't know about.  It has been stated that every time you revise a new listing, it places the listing at the back of the pack again for indexing.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply