cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to Photographys

Hello eBay friends,  😊can you recommend me any tips when capturing pictures of toys or products by using mobile phone?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tips to Photographys

@tmst_65,

Since you are located in Sri Lanka chances are you will be selling New items.  You can find stock photos of them online that you can use on your listings.   If you do want to take your own photos of an item with a cellphone, you should buy a cell phone tripod or stand, so your phone is held very still when taking a photograph.

You need to practice using your phone to take photos, learn how to turn off the flash when photographing shiny or plastic wrapped items.  Find out what settings are available for your phone's camera and test them out. 

After taking some photos, go back and enlarge them to make sure they are sharp and not blurry. Delete any that are not good ones so you do not accidentally use them. 

To be totally honest, I do not recommend using phone cameras for doing product photography.  They are set up for taking selfies, group or scenic photos.  I would suggest buying an inexpensive digital camera, rather than using a phone camera. Some of the older ones will work very well for taking product photos.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Tips to Photographys

@tmst_65,

Since you are located in Sri Lanka chances are you will be selling New items.  You can find stock photos of them online that you can use on your listings.   If you do want to take your own photos of an item with a cellphone, you should buy a cell phone tripod or stand, so your phone is held very still when taking a photograph.

You need to practice using your phone to take photos, learn how to turn off the flash when photographing shiny or plastic wrapped items.  Find out what settings are available for your phone's camera and test them out. 

After taking some photos, go back and enlarge them to make sure they are sharp and not blurry. Delete any that are not good ones so you do not accidentally use them. 

To be totally honest, I do not recommend using phone cameras for doing product photography.  They are set up for taking selfies, group or scenic photos.  I would suggest buying an inexpensive digital camera, rather than using a phone camera. Some of the older ones will work very well for taking product photos.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Tips to Photographys

@mudshark61369  , Thank you for your great advises. Actually  I learned lot through your reply . 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Tips to Photographys

I can provide you with tips for product photography using mobile phone. Here are a few tips:

1. Use natural light: Natural light is the best option for product photography because it is free and readily available. It also enhances the colors of your products.

2. Set up a background: Choose a clean and neutral background to avoid any distractions from your product. You can use a solid-colored sheet, foam board, or canvas as a backdrop.

3. Use a tripod: A tripod will enable you to stabilize your camera while shooting, resulting in clearer images with less noise and blur.

4. Pay attention to angles: Different angles will showcase different features of your products. Experiment with various angles until you find the perfect one that best suits your product.

5. Edit your photos: Editing your photos can enhance their quality by adjusting brightness, contrast, and color balance. You can also add some effects or filters to make them stand out.

I hope these tips help improve your product photography!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Tips to Photographys

I found some tips for product photography using mobile phones. Here are some more tips:

1. Take advantage of natural light.
2. Don't rely on zoom.
3. Stabilize your shots.
4. Mix up your angles.
5. Try some apps.
6. Experiment with the flash.
7. Take tons of photos.
8. Use reflections for more interesting shots.

You can also use a white backdrop for professional smartphone product photography. For small items, white construction paper will suffice. For larger objects, you can use a white blanket instead.

I hope this helps!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply