cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teddy Bear ID

Can anyone tell me the name of this teddy bear?  ...and the company if you know it... apparently it's quite hard to find and I can't find it anywhere...   The heart lights up and it records a few seconds and then plays it back.  ...from the 1980's... There's a YouTube video but no one seems to know the name. I thought it was Heart Light?What is my name?What is my name?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Teddy Bear ID

Hello and good morning was able to do so research, and I would say it's a Dakin very popular in the 80s ...hope this is the brand and good luk

Sigs70

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

Still looking...lol...   trying to find a collector to tell me... or the name and contact of the Dakin company...   They merged with Applause in the early '90's...   but I can't seem to find any contact info...   No one seems to know the name of this teddy bear!...   Merry Christmas! 🙂

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

@mysticvision64

Sorry, I'm late to the party.

Chosun maybe? It looks a lot like this Chosun Heart-to-Heart Baby bear. Maybe it's a larger version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chosun-Heart-to-Heart-Baby-Bear-Yellow-Pajamas-Heartbeat-Plush-Stuffed-Vint...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

Too late to edit, I think I found a better match.

Here's a listing for one that has the tag, so you could ask:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Talking-Teddy-Bear-Records-your-voice-/162796371543

It looks very much like this talking teddy bear in a different color. Same zip up the back, as well as the face and construction and tag look very similar. This one was made by Giftco, in Taiwan.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GIFTCO-BROWN-TALKING-TEDDY-BEAR-W-STAR-STUFFED-ANIMAL-PLUSH-TOY-BRO...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

Hi ...thanks...  the top link you gave is like mine but the listing doesn't have the name or any of the info I need. That's probably why she only got $10!  It's quite rare and hard to find... worth more than $10 for sure.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

@mysticvision64

You can ask the seller of the first one about it. That's why I gave you the link. It has a tag, and the seller can probably tell you what the tag says.

Does yours have a tag on it?

I found one listed on another site that said it was from Taiwan, but no company name given.

The one that is a variant with the same teddy-bear-construction and the same technology and light on the chest, has a tag that says Giftco and Taiwan. It is almost certainly from the same company.

I don't think this one was marketed with a name. It's a take-off on Teddy Ruxpin, which was the toy parents lined up all night to buy one Christmas.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Teddy Bear ID

I've never heard of Giftco so that might be helpful. You might be right about it being a knock-off of Teddy Ruxpin, I had considered that as well. 

There's a small conversation on YouTube about this teddy bear... she's the one who had the listing I think...  but someone who also has one said there's no name on the plush tag... that's the problem!...lol... 

No one knows the proper name!...lol....   I always called it Heart Light but I think that's because I saw the movie The Jazz Singer around the same time...and I love Neil Diamond...so his song about "heart light" just stuck in my head and that's what I've been calling it ever since. 😉 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply