cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokémon - Worth Grading

Hello,

My son has a handful of Pokémon cards that he/we are considering having graded with PSA because he wants to sell them (particucularly the Charizard), but we've never done this before. My questions are: 1. if we want to sell these cards should we have them graded first? Or should we just post them. 2. are they worth grading? I don't really know how expensive it is...  Sorry for the poor images, it's raining this morning, I will scan them etc. if we post them. 

Thank you for any input,

Serine

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Pokémon - Worth Grading

Having them graded is not free and not very cheap. I wouldn't grade anything that's not going to bring in a price that can absorb the cost of grading. Check the prices of the cards first and if you have some that are fairly expensive, then check to see how much it costs to get them graded and decide from there.

I want to say it's around $50.00 to get something graded, so I wouldn't grade any card that isn't worth at least twice to 3x that amount.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Pokémon - Worth Grading

Hello and good afternoon, please read the following below, also before you send off  the card 100%%% do your research on the card to ensure its worth the cost to grade , if the card holds value,  almost all collectors want that prestige card and the PSA grade would put your card in a better market, if sold as is condition,  ensure you make SALE 100%% AS IS NO REFUNDS, Due to your 9 plus might be a 6 in my the Buyers eye... 

The professional card grading companies such as PSA, SCG & Beckett love to make this claim, as it is a justification for charging $5 to $15 to grade a common card! The real cost to have a card graded is usually $14 to $17 per card when you consider the overpriced shipping and insurance charges.

Good luk   SIGS70 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply