cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rules

When I buy from someone I need to know who it is, please don not continue to  further hide the sellers identity because your afraid you won't get you cut.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

New rules

What does "afraid you won't get your cut" mean?

Do you think eBay will not get their final value fees if the buyer ad seller discover each other's names and addresses?  How would that work? 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

New rules

Thank you very much 😉 glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

New rules

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@gndarh3pva 

Most eBay sellers use an eBay name which they have chosen, and not their actual names.  However, the seller's REAL name appears on the shipping label when the item is to be shipped.

"please don not continue to  further hide the sellers identity because your afraid you won't get you cut."

I'm afraid that I don't understand that statement.  Are you referring to the eBay policy against sellers and buyers conspiring to make deals away from the eBay site?

Please explain your complaint a bit more clearly.

I'm sorry I never commented on this, but this part is so not true. There is absolutely nothing requiring the seller's real name to be on the return shipping. Heck, doesn't need to be their address either. Name could be a business name, a pseudonym, a family member or friend, or even their ebay username. I used to just have my ebay username there. Buyer will connect that better to their order than my actual name.

Address could be a PO Box, business address, their full time employer's work address unrelated to their personal selling business ... could be a neighbor, friend, tenant's address. Could be a vacant home or empty lot! There is ownership of a vacant home closely tied to me in my family, i could ship to/fro that address ... it's a couple steps removed from me and you won't find me there.

Let's throw in there that, last of all, I believe buyers on EBay are far more aware of who they are buying from or that they are buying from 3rd parties than buyers on other sites. Do many buyers even pay attention to who they are buying from or who is fulfilling orders when buying on Amazon? A lot is sold 3rd party and some of it's not even touched or fulfilled by AMZN. How bout Walmart's website or Home Depot's Website. I've bought from a number of 3rd parties from those sites.

Often, you just are lulled into the assumption you're buying from the major company and not a 3rd party ... sometimes you need to dig to find who it is.

So to the original point from 1786DavyCrockett, no you aren't going to be guaranteed to find the sellers real name on the label. My business name is on there which you get on EBay just the same. And EBay provides more or more clear info than many other sites.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply