cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help on a 1997 ty beanie christmas bear.

It appears to have two of the errors shown on Worthpoint. How does a person get verification it is worth anything.?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Looking at ones that's been sold, they are not going for much.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@hoarding4you 

You try to sell it and see if anyone will pay you for it. That's what determines the value for them, it's how much someone is willing to pay you.

There may be some that are listed for hundreds or thousands, but if they sell, it's guaranteed that the "buyer" is a scammer who wants you to include a gift card, and they will pay you extra for it, except that they are going to cheat you or trick you into shipping without being paid. Mostly, they don't sell, they just sit there forlornly in the for sale listings, unwanted and sad.

The market for beanie babies crashed years ago. Prices shown on Worthpoint or any other website are meaningless. Virtually all of them, including that exact one (see below), now sell for less than $10, no matter what so-called errors they have. The purple Princess bear is selling for about $20 +/-. You can buy them at a thrift store for $1 - $2 each.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1997+ty+beanie+christmas+bear&_sacat=0&_sop=16&rt=nc&...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That links to Facebook, not eBay.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hmmm. The link works fine for me. It's for an eBay sold items search.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1997+ty+beanie+christmas+bear&_sacat=0&_sop=16&rt=nc&...

lacemaker3_0-1704203109042.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are correct.  I have no idea why I replied with a Facebook remark.   I don't even remember this thread.  lol!

🤔

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

WORTHPOINT....The information they collect is what the buyer/seller sends them. They do not evaluate, correct, or edit the information they receive. CASE IN POINT....One of my larger "Tiffany" reproduction lamps is listed and the text bears little reference to me. I have my work numbered, documented and full information on each major lampshade. I tried to get the errors changed to the actual facts no avail. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply