cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

I have had the PRAYING HOPE beanie baby  who has dual tags ear and tush and to my shock mine is an error i do have photos im not familiar with ebay but was told this is where to come 

20230819_044604.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

Not an expert, but pre-printed tags don't generally get typo's. Have you tried a general web search? You didn't even mention which character this is so you'd need to be a lot more specific. Not to be harsh, but these aren't the goldmine that some still think they are. That was the 90's. Good luck~

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

I don't think I've seen a Beanie Baby that didn't have some kind of errors, so they aren't that rare.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

Here's a very good article on Beanie Babies' values today. An excerpt from it sums up tag errors:

"Believe it or not, tag errors do nothing to increase the value of a Beanie Baby. You will see many sellers telling you they have an ultra-rare bear with errors. The collectibles you see are commons. This means they were very popular and of little value, to begin with when sold. This also means the errors have no influence on the toy’s valuation."

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

@jegoldsb_13,

To get an idea of what your Praying Hope Beanie Baby is worth, click on the Advanced button to the right of the main search button on most ebay pages.  On the page that opens fill in the info like I have in the screen shot below.  I found by doing that search that there were two sizes of the bear,  10" and 5.5" inch.  Most listings do not have that info, but you may decrease the number of results by adding that info

mudshark61369_1-1693321725232.png

If you check the Sold items first the Completed items box will also be checked, but only sold results will be displayed.  Click on the Search button between the Category and the check boxes. 

On the search results page,  set the results from the default setting to show "Ended recently"  that box is under the main search button with a "V" down arrow. By doing that you will get an idea of what the prices bear has sold for most recently. Prices shown in black did not sell.  The first results page will show only 25 listings by default, under the last listing on the right, there will be a box with a down arrow to increase the number of listings shown per page. You will need to set it to display 60 items, to find the first sold item.  You may have to go to page 3 w/ 60 results displayed to find the second sold bear. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

I have the same exact bear  I m trying to sell also, it is hard when people don’t understand that the $12 hope w no holograph tag and no errors just isn’t the same as what we are trying to sell, I only get lowballers…

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

He stated PRAYING HOPE…

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

@brand._39 wrote:

I have the same exact bear  I m trying to sell also, it is hard when people don’t understand that the $12 hope w no holograph tag and no errors just isn’t the same as what we are trying to sell, I only get lowballers…

What's really hard is when people don't understand that errors on Beanie Babies don't automatically make them worth thousands of dollars. Completed eBay listings for Praying Hope with the hologram tag and errors show the vast majority didn't sell. The ones that did sold from 1 cent to one outlier that sold for $100. So what you're getting are informed collectors who know that the Beanie Baby craze ended decades ago, along with the high prices.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Error Beanie Baby "HOPE"

A "tag error" would not increase the value of a Beanie or any other collectible.

The only "error" that might increase a value of is if during manufacture they used the wrong color for ears or something making it a variant and there were multiple of the variants in the wild.

Since 99.9% of BBs have little or no value to begin with a BB variant would also have little or no value.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply