cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best packing for vintage Barbie clothes?

What is the best way to package and ship a vintage Barbie outfit?  Bubble envelope? Poly mailers? Small box? I'm trying not to spend on shipping supplies, but am also aware of shipping costs and customers' impressions.  Thanks much!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

powellmemorabilia_0-1683561015026.jpeg

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I prefer to get outfits in bubble mailers, with the outfit flat in a plastic bag. Accessories such as jewelry and shoes should be in small separate bags or a small jewelry box. If it's a rarer, more expensive outfit my preference is that it be sent in a small flat rate Priority box. 

One thing I would also mention is the need to use tape sparingly when you package. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to get through multiple layers of tape without damaging the outfit.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

LOL! Pack in a Barbie suitcase! Now why didn't I think of that?  Thanks for the smile!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

If you are worried the item may get damaged in shipping, you may just want to put them in a small box. Boxes can be purchased at Walmart, Uhaul for about a dollar or less. Some folks will get free boxes from Walmart by asking some of the store employees that are stocking shelves. (used boxes that had product in them at one time) 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@vj124 Been selling doll clothing for many years with never a complaint. I always wrap my clothing in tissue paper, which is recycled from my previous purchases. I then use plastic baggies. I use Poly mailers as clothing cannot be damaged by actual breakage so no need for a box. I also use newspaper as a buffer around the envelope, but the clothing itself is wrapped in both tissue paper and a plastic baggie. Everything is recycled except for my Poly mailers. Best of luck to you....

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks much.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I lay the clothes as flat as possible between thin sheets of clean cardboard then put it in a bubble mailer.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

You can buy boxes at u.line.com. You can also get clean , small boxes from stores like Dollar Tree or supermarkets.  Get clean boxes. Do NOT get any box that contained raw meat, eggs or fruit.  It might have bacteria. Do NOT use any box that had scented items.  Some folks are allergic to perfumes/scents.  Do NOT use any box that is marked flammable or contained batteries.   I will say that some small battery boxes are great. For those, I put the entire box inside a plastic shipping envelop.  These are dirt cheap.  I got 100 for around 11 dollars.     Bubblewrap can also be found at Dollar tree for free.  I love the thin foam paper ones that they use to separate the glass plates.  They throw them out.   They also have great little bubblewrap baggies that they use when they get their cups/ glasses.    I have never  spent a cent on bubblewrap and I started here in 1998 (other ID).

Also when you buy stuff, save the boxes.   I now cut up those Amazon bubblewrap envelops into strips and use them to wrap fragile items. I am into recycling.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Hello, Help you can help me. I’m new to this. I have quite a few Barbie outfits in unopened boxes. I hoping to get advice on how send them safely when someone purchases one outfit. I worry about them getting crushed in a bubble mailer. Does that happen? Is there a different way? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Peggy

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@pekola_91 wrote:

Hello, Help you can help me. I’m new to this. I have quite a few Barbie outfits in unopened boxes. I hoping to get advice on how send them safely when someone purchases one outfit. I worry about them getting crushed in a bubble mailer. Does that happen? Is there a different way? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Peggy

@pekola_91 

If the outfit is in a box it's a huge risk to send them in a bubble mailer. They can easily be crushed. The safest way to ship is in a box. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I thought so. I’m having a hard time finding sturdy boxes that small. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I would put them on a piece of cardboard, fold it in half and mail it 1st class in a padded envelope.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks so much for your helpful suggestion. 😊

Message 15 of 15
latest reply