cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie babies

Hello- 

Is there anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area that is willing to sell beanie babies for me? I have over 300 and some are in the “top 20”. Let me know! 

Thanks, 

Sara 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Beanie babies

@salev_7180,

I highly doubt anyone will offer to sell those Beanies for you. The prices they get now, are too low to make much of a profit on these days after ebay fees and a split with you.  I would suggest either having a garage sale or setting up some tables at one of your area's flea markets.   You can look those up by doing an online search for "City or County Flea Markets in the Cleveland area".  There are a dozen or so good ones in the area.

First You should use eBay's Advanced search feature The button to the right of the main search button. on the page that opens type in  "Ty Beanie Babies" in the title box, then check the Completed listings box.  Prices you see in green sold, those in Black did not.  For the ones you have in the "top 20" do individual advanced searches by their character name on the tag.  You may be quite disappointed at the prices they bring these days though.  The `97 Princess Di purple bear sells for around $10 on average.  I seriously doubt the ones sold for around $10K were actual sales.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Beanie babies

Please be aware that few (if anyone will be willing to such a selling arrangement and if you find someone, they will want a a percentage of the profit and chances are they will expect more then 30 % of the profit to cover their time and expanses. Consider selling locally or sell the collection outright to a collector or reseller and then any profit and risk plus all expanses are on them.

Also. seller (if you do manage to find someone will need ready access to the items for information to list, ship and answer any buyer questions. there is a lot of time and work involved. How much is your collection worth?

Good Luck @salev_7180 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Beanie babies

Please note:

This type of add for sellers for item can be a SCAM:

They ask for info of you to check you out ( got to be sure you are a legit seller): That is a sure sign that the person is out to steal your credit info..

Just saying..

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Beanie babies

I doubt it.  Most Beanie Babies are worthless.  The commission will have to be at least 30 to50%.  Then there are ebay fees. Oh yes, don't forget that the seller has to report the income to the IRS.    I got rid of my beanie babies by using them as dust rags to clean my stairs.  First , my kid wanted to tear out the guts and play with the little pellets inside.  So he had fun gutting them and playing with the pellets outside and then brought me all of the cloth bodies.  For weeks, I had a clean beanie body to clean the stairs.  This was around 20 years ago. I will say that my son grew up to be a great young man .

My advise to you is to read in the internet on how to look up the value of items on ebay.  DO a search.  See if any are valuable.   Then  get rid of them on Craigslist.   At least have a value in mind.  Meet in a very public place and bring a friend.  NEVER meet alone and never have the person come to your home.

Finally, if you see that they are worthless, use them as dust rags.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply