cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is it appropriate to respond to feedback received?

Hey everybody, I have another question. 

So I just noticed that I can respond to feedback received. It that something that seller's regularly do? When is it to a seller's advantage to do that? Should I respond to nice feedback given by a buyer, just to say thanks or whatever, or is that something that is usually just for negative feedback?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can do whatever you want.  I have noticed that some sellers will use the response feature to reply to a  negative FB.  Don't know whether that's a great idea or not.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've used it to say things like: "thank you for my 500th feedback" or 'That was fast service. God bless the Universal Postal Union.'

Occasionally a seller will note after a 'slow shipping' comment: "Paid 13/2/14- Shipped 14/2/14. FB left 2/3/14" Calm and factual.

Never never never Respond with ALL CAPS,  exc!amat!on marks!!!, vulgarity, or namecalling. Your future customers will read the Response, and it stands out on a page, and form an opinion of you.  Be professional.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If it is positive feedback that clearly isn't cookie cutter, and the customer was a nice person (not a crack head) it's nice for the buyer to leave a little response thanking them for the order and that you're looking forward to another sale.  If it's negative it's usually something you can counter with well written words unless you screwed up the order (we do that occasionally) and then simply apologize. Most normal buyers (not the drunk junkies) realize nobody is perfect.  Whatever you do DO NOT SCREAM BACK in caps or insult the buyer even though you're gritting your teeth. ---from the trenches

Message 4 of 4
latest reply