cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing: Wholesale & Dropshipping

Can anyone bless me with some leads for REAL Wholesale and Dropshipping companies? I do enjoy the hunt for finding those gems to flip, but the income isn't steady and so I'm lookin gto expand my store with some regular merchandise - thus the quest for REAL wholesale and/or dropshipping companies. I don't have a niche market yet and am open to various ones. Juat finding some genuine profitable sources seems to be taking priority. I've been researching for quite some time only to be left with a pile of stress from all the fake companies. Any advice would be much appreciated so I can aquire some genuine sources. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sourcing: Wholesale & Dropshipping

First get off the internet.

As you have learned most of the dropshippers are scams or so close as makes no nevermind.

Instead think locally.

If you don't have a Yellow Pages in your house, yes the paper one, go to the Public Library and consult it there.

You are looking for importers, wholesalers, manufacturers and liquidators.

Ones you can make an appointment with and visit. You may have to go to the nearest city of 250,000 or so to find these. Which is easier in Pennsylvania than Saskatchewan.

You are at this point looking for returns, job lots, and ends of lines. (You might also consider seconds, but those can be tricky.)

Expect to be asked for your sales tax number. In fact, if you are not asked for your sales tax number, you will be paying retail.

Not that you necessarily need a number, but your real wholesaler gets a rebate on his sales taxed purchases when he sells for resale.

I'm not familiar with the US system, but your state representative's office should be able to help you. You dont' need the representative/senator herself, the staff is more useful.

Expect to pay for your goods upfront. Expect to be able to inspect what you are getting, or at least a reasonable random sample.

As time goes on you will be able to negotiate terms, usually 30 to 60 days, sometimes even 90.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply