cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users on one selling account

I need to hire someone to help me with my selling.  Can I have more than one person access my ebay ID at the same time?  

Also, how do I keep them from accessing my account information like passwords, credit card info, etc.

Any help would be apreciated

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't think there's a way to do this except why must they access your account? If the person simply packs boxes they don't need to access if you hand them the packing list and invoice if you provide it, but this is something Ebay should look into, and that is allowing two levels of access. One for workers and one for administrators.

If you used Stamps.com to access your Ebay, they can even do labels without accessing your Ebay account because stamps can be set to import from Ebay. 

You can only hide so much from employees, and they eventually find out everything anyway.

-From the trenches.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I have been logged into my eBay account on more than one computer at the same time. This shouldn't cause any problems. It's easy to test.

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I need someone to list and launch auctions so they need access to my ebay account.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

When we had a store (closed at the end of September), we had one employee listing and another packing. Two others and Ian did all the describing.

Now, we are semi-retired and have left our product in our old city with one of those employees who, as a stay at home parent, will be listing, packing, and processing payments.

Basically, it comes down to hiring people you can trust.

The biggest problem we have had was with productivity, not theft. It is very easy for anyone to become distracted with the interwebs. We had one person who was very productive when another worker was there (the teleworker above) but doing absolutely nothing (seriously, she was supposed to be shipping auction lots and shipped none in four days). She was fired with a reference that said "works well under supervision'.

More seriously, a worker who was supposed to be describing actually was found to be playing videogames. Our webmaster advised us to change all our passwords before firing him. Sadly, we got one of those cyberattacks that almost crashed our website about an hour after he would have reached home. No reference letter for him.

So.

Demand references.

If your stock is very valuable, and also easy to pocket, have your employee bonded. Your commercial insurance will cover employee theft .

Set guidelines on what you expect to be accomplished during the day. It's not fair to the employee to have to "look busy".

Oh, and use a different email and  for eBay and Paypal. The employee should have no reason to look at your PP account (unless she is also your bookkeeper).

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I am one of those workers.  I manage our companies amazon and ebay account and do paperwork for our warehouse.  When I started there were two of us neither of us had the password to the paypal account but had access to ebay and our email.  After many months I was given the paypal password before that I would need to get my boss to log in for me and tell him what I needed to do.  The other woman was only part time and she assisted in listing so she was never given the paypal password. Paypal is the real issue not ebay.  You can only see the last couple digits of account numbers.  The issue I had with her was that she would list things incorrectly pretty frequently.  Make sure you train well, make them take notes!  She has since moved on and I we just hired a new person. It has only been a week and so far I simply have her take pictures, clean shoes, and package shipments for me.  We may get to the point where she is listing but for now she just assists in the process.  I can't afford a lot of mistakes during the holiday season.  I am loyal to my employer because they give me the flexibility and understanding I need from my employer. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

They also keep an eye on the accounts and ask questions as needed.  They used to ask more questions in the beginning but now I've been here going on 18 months so the questions are less frequent.  I pretty much have full control with some oversight.  It is a happy partnership for all of us.  I get the flexibility I need and I have raised sales and our store has been top rated for the last year and it wasn't when I started working here!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure why anyone would need the Paypal password.  Why isn't everything done in eBay.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@recordingsystems wrote:

I don't think there's a way to do this except why must they access your account? If the person simply packs boxes they don't need to access if you hand them the packing list and invoice if you provide it, but this is something Ebay should look into, and that is allowing two levels of access. One for workers and one for administrators.

If you used Stamps.com to access your Ebay, they can even do labels without accessing your Ebay account because stamps can be set to import from Ebay. 

You can only hide so much from employees, and they eventually find out everything anyway.

-From the trenches.

I need someone to actual list auctions so they need access to ebay.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sometimes buyers do not use the return system and then you need to go into paypal.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I called eBay and they do not have a limited user account/feature. I would have to go to a 3rd party, like SixBit, to have multiple users on one account with limited access.

This is from the SixBit website:

Whenever you have more than one person who uses SixBit you should consider creating a user login for each person.  By creating a user login, you will be able to track actions of each user and set program permissions on a user by user basis.

If you give each employee their own user login, you will be able to tell which employee submitted which listings.  Also, you can control what functions and data each employee has access to.   Employees who primarily list items can be limited to only seeing the item creation and listing features and can be restricted from viewing profit and loss reports and sensitive sales data.

Cost is $35/month. Cost would be offset because they do not charge to schedule listings. I spend about $40/mo on scheduling fees

Message 11 of 11
latest reply