cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY NOT JUST LOCK ALL MESSAGES SO NO ONE CAN RESPONED ?

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hey xbolts - 

The original eBay Stamp Chat Board was closed down due to "complaints" from moderators that users should not be discussing and pointing out fraudulent auctions and sellers of fraudulent items. eBay's skin was in increasing sales volume and criticism of fakes and fraud were only questioning eBay's ability to monitor the sale of such items. Eventually eBay partnered with the American Philatelic Society so users could report fakes using the report button. (It was a lawsuit by Tiffany that caused eBay to do something about all the fraudulent auctions.) Then wonder of wonders eBay decided it could monitor auctions itself without any philatelic experience! Then the Germans came into eBay full force with newly created fakes, turns out today is China's turn to manufacture fakes!

Once the moderators get active in a category its a lost cause to report any untoward auctions or items for sale within that category. You'll notice you can only report items that are anti-competitive to eBay, no place to report fakes and fraud!

So it goes in the world of big online business. Wouldn't surprise me to see Elon Musk become leader of the Moderating Team. LOL

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

BTW - That all happened 20 years ago!!!@@@#!   since eBay once claimed it was just a venue. Now of course it is competing with Amazon which has no Stamps Categories, fraudulent stamp items don't matter. The circle has come back to eBay's beginnings - volume, volume, volume! And the old traditional eBay mantra of "you can't tell anything from a scan". LOL

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That error message can be caused by many things, including something as simple has having invalid html formatting in a message -- a very common occurrence when copying and pasting text from another source.

Sometimes trying to post again is all that is needed to strip out the formatting. In other cases, it may be beneficial to try pasting without formatting (Control-Shift-V instead of Control-V).

I find that if I use the "Preview" option prior to posting, I often get that error, but as long as the message preview loads correctly, posting should work. If the message preview still shows in a text entry field, try hitting "Preview" again.

In rare cases it may be necessary to copy the message and paste it into a new reply window entirely.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

VERY HELPFUL  eburtonlab

(Control-Shift-V instead of Control-V).

I'M FINDING THINGS ON THE KEYBOARD THAT DO ALL KIND OF THINGS THAT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT?

THERE SHOULD BE A BUTTON HERE SOMEWHERE THAT MAKES ME DISAPPEAR, HOW ABOUT THIS ONE ?

"CLICK"-- "OOPS",  I'LL HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT ONE !

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Message 6 of 6
latest reply