cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Ebay. As per usual..

So, have you noticed the very few postings here recently? It's because you can't get to the stamp board (and presumably other boards as well) through the "GROUPS" button anymore. Why not? Those idiots at Ebay have put a big ad over the GROUPS pull down menu. And it is impossible tpo make it go away. Nice work guys! I wonder if they're that stupid all by themselves or do they have to take specially made Stupid Pills.

How did Iget here to post this message? Just by clicking around. I don't remember the details. But it took a lot mof clicking.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not for me. Whether I'm logged in or not. But then I have this bookmarked so I don't need to know how to navigate to it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes you are right, another fine mess.

Personally I always use bookmarks/favourites.

Where is everyone? Must be a thanksgiving hangover Cat LOL

Cheers
Peter -British Central Africa - Follow the logo for the Yellow Boxes
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Off-topic post...

Plane crash today in Gaithersburg MD half a mile (or less) from oggilby's house.  I just sent him an email hoping his familiy or friends were not involved.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hmm, it's probably because I have an adblocker installed, but I got here quite quickly by clicking on the Groups link at the bottom of the main eBay page. I had to click on the 'Legal, Privacy and more' gadget at the bottom of the page to bring the menu up but there was nothing covering it. Does the ad cover that whole area when you click the gadget?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

HI folks, I can't sign in using the sign in buttons. I had a long discussion with an eBay Help person a few weeks ago, and he was able to reproduce my problem. When I click on the "sign-in" link I'm taken to a page with a whole lot of message excerpts having nothing to do with Stamps!  What I discovered over the course of talking with Help was this. 

If I clicked on any of those off topic messages "Reply" button I got logged in! The buttons on the Stamps Discussion page are dreyed out. Clicking on a message on this other page allowed me to then post on the Stamps Discusion Board. There is no other way for me to sign-into the Discussion Boards.

Even though I'm signed in to eBay , My eBay, etc, I can't log in a direct manner to the Discussions!

Maybe that's why most people are not posting.

Sort of like eBay saying 'Buy IT Now" only to discover the whole BIN susyem does not work! 

I am using Mac 10.8.6 with Safari 5/1/10.  And "NO" it has nothing to do with clearing a cache or anything other than links are not directed to sign-in pages!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I originally reported the problem 23 November.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

One other point.

If I click on the "Welcome" next to my avatar I get sent to a page which states in a Pink band:

"An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.

So eBay's own links are sending us to invalid parameters. 

Must be all those cell phones and ebay thinks we aren't watching.

It would be interesting for eBay to learn when we all started using eBay to give some of those creating eBay pages some perspective. They were not in high school when we first used eBay! LOL
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

All are fine in my neighborhood. The plane crash was in another neighborhood,

about two miles from me, that is on the approach path to a local county airport.

This is the second plane crash in that area associated with that airport. The

airport was once in an isolated commercial develpmont, but newer housing

developements have sprouted up all around that area.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Happy to hear you were far enough away to stay safe... Not happy to hear about the crash itself though.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply