cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison for Swiss 25th Anniversary UPU Allegory Scott 98-100 and 101-103

Has anyone an image showing the difference between these 2 sets?

In addition to the re engraved stamps to be much clearer, especially the horizontally lined backgrounds,

Scott adds ".... figures of value are lined instead of being solid."  Since "a much  clearer engraving  horizonal lines is a bit subjective, I would like to see an image of the figures of value, solid vs. horizontal lined.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

HI Peetah - There are three 5 centimes stamps. First was line perforated, second same printing with comb perforation, and finally the re-engraved with comb perforation.

The two stamps on the left are solid numerals, the right lined numerals. The detail is of the lined numerals. The lines are finer or broader depending on the inking of the plate.

I'm not sure why the images are so small/ When I go to the edit my post page, they are what I anticipated showing the necessary detail.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks, Malolo, I was hoping you were lurking about. The lined 5 is quite obvious. I thought it was the white background of the tablet that had the lines not the number itself, so I mis read the description Scott gives.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply