1st time users of the New Board

Well, I did find it and got registered.

Thank you, Anne, for taking the initiative!  😉

jimbo

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I've found out that I can restore my signature links which had been deleted by the moderator CL.  I received a private message which said the following, "I’m sorry to let you know that your signature has been removed because it violates the Usage Policy, which prohibit: Links to sites outside eBay or more than one link in a signature."

I think this is compliant with eBay policy which is to make sure that people who visit eBay spend their time shopping, buying, selling and not visiting other sites or chatting.  Now I wonder whether it will survive in this environment.

It is particularly interesting that every single thing the deleted signature reached has its genesis in previous postings on eBay chat boards.  I started doing a "Daily Almanac" in the eBay Cafe which was the successor to the Chatboard on Auction Web,  After this the interest category boards were added.  As an eBay Ambassador I was assigned to the Stamps Board where I started by posting a daily "Note from the Past" which stretched to 508 days.  At the same time I was assigned to provide a guide to stamp collecting which was published on the eBay website in the Library section.  Long after the library function was abandoned by eBay I was given permission to salvage it on my website as the "Stamp Guide".  Subsequently, I made a daily post of "Today in Postal History" for two years.  So all the items I have linked to are (hopefully) interesting or educational for stamp collectors and have a history of acceptance on eBay chat boards in the past.

BTW, I think you'll find our moderator CL has been busy on other items.

jimbo

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I'll still stop in now and then.Don't really know why something that's not broke needs fixing but we lost control long ago.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Good to see what was not broken has been fixed. Maybe I will finally be able to post an image instead of a link, as I assume it is now acceptable to do so. In any case, I have arrived!

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Just a quick post to say Hi from Norway!

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Hi all from Greece

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

vaggos,

Welcome to The Stamp Board!  As you may have noted we are busy with sharing things and thoughts.  I suspect you may be expert on the stamps of Greece.  If so, we frequently encounter questions that could benefit from that expertise.  If not,what is your interest?

We are  in the midst of a alphabetical display with a new letter each week.  You can see a recent one for G [ http://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Stamp-Board/Gee-Wiz-It-s-the-Week-of-G/gpm-p/21983124 ] which has a number of Greecian items.  Right now we're involved in the letter I.

jimbo

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Hi jimbo

I collect wordwide , but mostly I study the Big Herm Heads . If I can help would my pleasure.

Vangelis

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

First, let me welcome all the people who have taken the time to join our activities here.  It's nice to have you join us and we'd love to share more with you.  We're friendly and enthusiastic about philately - other things, too.  This can be your 'Tribe'.

FYI-
Time for some statistics.
The first Stamp Board post was June 1, 2014, at 2:28 pm.
After 64 days, on August 4, 2014, at 2:43 pm The Stamp Board has:
43 members,
16 Messages,
285 Replies for a total of
301 posts,
and 7 posts per member.
There have been:
3905 views (this counter doesn't catch every time the thread has been viewed)
for a total of 61 views per day
and 244 views per Message.

Fun facts to know and tell!

jimbo

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

FYI - Statistics Update:

The first Stamp Board post was June 1, 2014, at 2:28 pm.
After 74 days, on August 14, 2014, at 6:27 pm (two days ago) The Stamp Board has:
43 members, (no change in last 10 days)
18 Messages/Threads, (2 added in last 10 days)
335 Replies for a total of
353 posts, (52 posts in last 10 days)
and 8.2 posts per member.
There have been:
4384 views (this counter doesn't catch every time the thread has been viewed), (479 views in last 10 days)
for a total of 59 views per day (but only 48 views per day for the last 10 days summertime hiatus?)
and 244 views per Message.  No change in last 10 days.

Fun facts to know and tell!

We all benefit from more participants with greater variety in posts and personalities.  Come join us.  Let your star shine!

jimbo

Message 24 of 24
latest reply