cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck cares? (#3)

There is always someone who cares.   I know this is TCM's thread & hope she doesn't mind if I start #3.   We can't go without a 'who the heck cares'.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 474
latest reply
473 REPLIES 473

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Uh, Fruit, totally sorry about those storms, pretty sure they came up from us, or we were in the same line of them? I'm not sure. Those poor tourists who came to see all the tulips will be so sad! I'm glad all you have is a soggy yard! Isn't it funny how those 'sticks in a box' work? What color is the lilac, purple? My gramma had some white ones that I thought were really lovely!

We had citywide clean up days, Monday thru Wednesday. I put out two nasty broken coolers that we used to use to store un-boned deer in during the winter that stayed outside year round (so those were nasty). Couple of bunches of metal junk laying around, and a few other small things (I had more, but the Plumber didn't help me and I couldn't pack everything lol). The pickers have been out in full force, this morning as I'm dropping the bag o cat poo in the trash can I see that some picker is taking the coolers! I have NO idea why, but I don't really care. What I care about now, is that the trash people didn't see the other things I had set out, so those are still there. Guess I'll dump those in the trashcan and hope they pick them up!

I have a few old computers and monitors that need to go, but they won't take electronics during citywide clean up days. Not sure where to take them. Guess I'll either figure it out, or just hang on to this stuff! HAHA

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 436 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Bad weather day today..started yesterday night....today ALL day long...it's 10:30pm and it keeps coming...will continue through to sunrise tomorrow.   We have had about 7 inches of rain so far and it keeps coming down in buckets, hail ping-pong size to baseball size, so many tornado warnings my head is spinning, 1, possible 2 fatalities, flooding.  Car dinged up.  The hail reports have been the worst in number.  And to think the worst storms are yet to come in a few hours...these have high winds.   Not good with such ground saturation...trees with shallow roots will uproot.  I keep praying....

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 437 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Beejeeus - you guys - stay safe.

Message 438 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Prayers coming from me, as well, Shirls! You guys stay safe!

We were forecast to get storm yesterday, and while we got some thunder and lightening and rain, no really bad storms. Thankfully!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 439 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Hey you guys .  Forecast to get a storm here today too starting in at lunch. I don't know how long that's going to last 

Then later on tonight and in to early Friday morning.  That would happen. Been starting to make a dent on burning  all the wood from the last storm. 

Here's hoping no more extra wood to burn or I'll never get out from under it

Glad to hear everybody is ok. Hopefully we'll all be getting a break after it passes through.

Take care everybody.

Message 440 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Hoping everyone has survived the storms that's we've all had so far!

Bit of rain in the forecast for us for the next few days, but not strong storms that I can tell.

We're camping this weekend! The Plumber went done yesterday and mowed and was going to put a second coat of sealer on the camper, so he get on the roof and blew all the tree smutch off, turned around and roof was covered with it again. Wind was blowing strong enough that he couldn't get it clean, so that's out till we have a calmer wind day!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Message 441 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Glad you're gonna get to go, Fredi!

We got a bunch of rain and some wind, but no limbs down. That's a pleasant change

Got a bunch of broken gladiolas, though. 😔

Well, tomorrow guess I'll collect them and put them in a vase.

Been up since a little after 3 a.m. Beginning to get a little sleepy. Looks like I'll go to bed early tonight.

Have a nice evening!

Message 442 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

That was some bizarre weather!  To last from Tuesday night to early Thursday morning!  2 hail storms and 9 inches total of rain.  I think there were 4 confirmed tornadoes.  Crazy...there would be up to 8 counties at a time with tornado warnings!  I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it and I grew up in tornado alley.  So, I guess the vehicle is headed back to the body shop only 6 months after we got it back due to being rear ended by a hit and run driver.   The guy at the shop said, Didn't we just work on this thing?   Yeah, well, we seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Fredi, I'm glad you get to go camping!  Hope you see the northern lights tonight....I guess the sun is throwing some kind of fit which may affect power grinds, navigation instruments, and make the northern lights visible maybe as far south as Alabama!!  Now isn't that nuts? 

Message 443 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Power grinds 🙄 meant to say power grids!   Hmmmm, power grinds 😍

Message 444 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

......reminiscing about "back in the day"?😈

Message 445 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Cathy, glad you didn't get anything much stronger and the only thing blown down were the gladiolas!

Shirls, is your bad weather over, for now? I'm glad the only damage you have is to your car. So far we've been forecasted to get some pretty damaging storms, but so far, they have not hit us! It's currently sprinkling here and has been, on and off, all morning!

We saw the lights both nites, very cool! The photos my friend took make them much much brighter! It was amazing!

Was supposed to have a full day of Dad's doctor appointments but I ended up rescheduling all of them. He had some...gastro issues over nite and didn't think he could leave the house. So two of them tomorrow and the other one the first week of June. I knew I'd never get them all back on the same day!

Message 446 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

That's enough appts for one day....meaning 3....sometimes one is bad enough esp. if there is a wait involved.

Really glad you got to see the lights!   There was one night we were supposed to be able to them.  I did check around 11:30pm and didn't see anything.  Probably showed up later and if I were the nite owl like I used to be, would probably have seen them.   When I lived in Minnesota, it could be hit or miss as sometimes they did not last too long or would come and go. 

Tomorrow starts another week of rain!   On top of the 9 inches already got last week.  May be in for more storms tomorrow to include hail and wind again.  Then rest of week is just rainy days, with one dry day on Thursday.   Guess, I will continue on with my house spring cleaning. 

Message 447 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Currently we are getting very heavy rain which is forecast to stay around all day. Now, the farmers need rain, but they don't need this much all at once. It does say thunderstorms, but I'm hoping we dont get any of them!

You stay safe, Shirls!

I have almost completed my very first crochet hexagon cardigan! I have the bottom ribbing to finish! I'm excited and I almost wish it was cooler! HAHA

I have two (at least) more of these cardigans planned and my BFF wants one as well. I'd like to make a couple more for myself before I make one for someone else. The problem is the yarn I've picked out for the next two (plus an afghan) is around $100 and I don't have the $100 to spend on yarn right now, lol. So I'll just have to wait!

Message 448 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Thank goodness no storms...just more rain.  I'll check the rain gauge tomorrow for damages 😂

Oooo a cardigan!!  But, what is a hexagon cardigan?

Message 449 of 474
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

The pattern starts with a hexagon granny square, so 6 sets of corners instead of the normal just 4. I'm telling you when I started it, I was like this will NEVER work, but by golly it does! I did finish yesterday while Dad was getting his second Iron therapy infusion. I'm so proud of it! LMAO It got washed and is currently drying. I'm hoping that helped remove some of the puffs and fluffs because of how I crocheted it. If it doesn't, well I'll know better for the second one, which I have already started! LMAO

Hexi Cardi Zen 05 2024.jpg

If it's dry at noon, I might snap another photo  of it! 🙂

The Plumber thinks I'm weird but everyone else thinks its cool as all get out. My momma and my BFF both want one. I said buy me the yarn, ya'll! 🙂

Message 450 of 474
latest reply