cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck cares? (#3)

There is always someone who cares.   I know this is TCM's thread & hope she doesn't mind if I start #3.   We can't go without a 'who the heck cares'.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 411
latest reply
410 REPLIES 410

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Cathy, hope everything is well with you and yours.  Can understand the stiff and sore...probably not all from being cramped.... Wind and rain throughout the day with a gradual temperature drop.  May have some snow flurries later.  It was a month ago today we had the F-3 tear through here.  It came pretty close to us; a tad less than 1/2 mile.  I wasn't home at the time, but to get home had to pass through where it did hit...can't describe the feeling to see such devastation.  

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

images - 2022-03-06T153243.014.jpeg

Well - I was - what were they thinking. lol

Message 3 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Dom, lately I have been watching an Aussie Emergency Veterinarian  program(Nat Geo Wild).  Pretty interesting since it's all about your critters over there.   Dang Kookaburra seem to get themselves into all sorts of trouble.  Love watching the Koala.  Cute, but my my, they can certainly be feisty little buggers.  Then there are the brushtail 'possums'😉

Message 4 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Haven't seen it Shirls - yep - our little furry guys can be pretty ferocious.

Most at the Zoos are hand raised - so used to human contact - but the bush babies - can scratch - really well and bite.

Had to rush out for a new shower head - good grief the old was beating me to death.

Cathy - a belated Very Happy Birthday - I hope you were terribly spoiled.

Stay safe with all that snow.

Message 5 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

I hope she's OK.....she was in her pod....having tornadoes in that part of the country and then blizzards midwest to northeast.    Weather is nuts.   Wind blowing like crazy here all day...yet, it's not a storm.  Not sure how long the siding or shingles are going to last with this sort of stuff and it's getting to be a common phenomenon during the winters here. 

Message 6 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Hope they will find their way into #3.

Not sure I could take that kind of weather - very spoilt here - though we do get some pretty high winds.

I do love snow though - it small drifts - just snow it is so gentle when it falls - not storm/blizzard kind of snow.

Sunny afternoon here - I think the first of the year without rain - Melbourne is flooded - peeps being evacuated etc.

My next job is to find out the value of a rare - dead - tree - don't want it replaced so will - let them take the cost of removal and take compensation.

The last I had to have removed was $800 worth.

Think I need a Level 5 Arborist. lol

Message 7 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

We did fine here--some sticks and limbs in the yard, no ripped off roofs or torn up buildings. No one I know was hurt.

South side of Dothan had a tornado and Cottonwood is shut down. Only first responders and residents allowed in. They have a dusk to dawn curfew till further notice. 

Place is a mess there.

Panama City is torn up again. What footage I've seen is bad. Reminds me of when hurricane Michael went through there.

A cousin lives in Panama City. He said it was gonna be bad when we were posting on FB.

He's ok. Been posting some footage.

Well, I need to get back to cleaning up. Didn't feel like it yesterday.

Was wondering how long ebay would let the old thread last. Typical.

Sure, folks will find their way here. They always do. 

Watching Live at Lunch.  Showing more footage.

Gonna warm up. Friday will be another enhanced risk of severe weather on the storm that will be coming through.

Don't know if Husband and Son will be able to stay home this time. It's predicted to be a level 3 of 5.

Message 8 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Cathy ~ Glad you are OK!  Saw some footage tonight on the news.  Friday will be more of the same we got Tuesday....gusty winds and rain all day.   These weather systems are huge.  They start up on the west coast and work their way clean across the country with varying types of weather depending on location.   More south=tornadoes or lots of rain and wind.  More north you get blizzards and it's all from the same system.   We here get an 'Arctic Blast' come Monday.  Snow and temp drop to 5*.   Tomorrow's temps?  55* and sunny. 

Dom ~ Tree removal is costly!   The big old dead sycamore we had cut down(the tall stump I decorated for Christmas) cost us $1,200.00.   Took about 3 hours from start to finish. 

So what happened to your tree?  Is that the one the construction guys killed? 

Message 9 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Good afternoon all,

Beautiful here - very warm - but I think it will - yet again - storm later.

Look at what this wet weather has done - they've gone nutso - bought in November - now.

20231016_154828.jpg

20240111_143151.jpg

Message 10 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Yes - Shirls - they did the roots excavating - now it's slowly dying.

Still haven't heard from their arborist - they told us they have had a report done.

I can't do anything until I get a copy of the report - there are very few level5 arborists in the area - I don't want to choose the same - it would be a conflict of interest.

It will be interesting though - it is this tree - $112 for a 14cm pot - this one is above the second story - was lush with many many lovely perfumed flowers.

Screenshot_20231126-105358_Chrome.jpg

Message 11 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

I found it! Thank you, Shirls for starting our new thread!

I'm quite surprised that my cooking thread is still here, I'm pretty sure I started it at the same time, didn't I? If they lock it, I'll be sure and start a new one! 🙂

Dom, hopefully the construction stuff is over with very soon for you! It sure sounds like a pain! Glad it's not raining! I'm sorry about your tree! It's very costly to remove trees!

Cathy! So glad you are ok! I know about the devastation of tornadoes and floods and hurricanes. Seems like we keep getting bigger and stronger storms all the time.

Supposed to be mostly sunny here today, with highs in the upper 30's, our artic blast starts tomorrow evening with a low of 11°!! After that we do not have any daytime high temps in the double digits until next Wednesday! And several of our nite lows are in the negatives! boo! I'm over it already and it hasn't even hit yet! HAHA

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 12 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Afternoon all,

In the 30's here today also Fredi - but Celcius. lol

Stunning outside.

5 Lines of washing out - including half a dozen new fluffy towels - best time to buy - $49.95 each down to $19.95 - Emerald Green for a change.

Went on a spree this morning - oh brother - not sure how many green caterpillars on my little vegie garden went to meet their maker - sorry guys - but you eat too much. 

I have had a great crop of tiny eggplant - red & yellow tiny tomatoes - baby cukes (cucumbers) - spring onions - or shallots as we call them - even chucked a number of butternut pumpkin seeds into a pot & it is going crazy.

I'm ok with all of it until it gets to the kitchen - then I'm lost. LOL

Stay warm guys.

Message 13 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Glad you made it, Fredi! 

It was a beaut of a day here today!  NO wind whatsoever, sun shine, and in the 50's.   Spent some time in my back yard figuring out what I can do back there this spring.   My old hibiscus bush died out, so had to cut that down.   Last winter was so hard on stuff with the 40-50 mph winds for a day or two with temps below zero.   My big old Burning Bush bit the dust too.  It was aprox 7 ft tall and almost twice that in width so it made a peaceful, closed in corner back there.   Now have these open spaces and not the lifetime to wait for something big to grow there. 

Weather changes big-time tomorrow.  40mph winds with 50mph gusts and rain again.  Cold Saturday, then Sunday night comes the snow.  Big nasty system moving in from the west again ~ The Bombogenesis thing.  Where do they get these names?  Anyway, some will get blizzards(midwest and northeast) and down south tornadoes.  I guess TN falls somewhere in between. 

Dom, that is a pricey little tree, but lovely when mature.   Is it a fast grower? 

Top photo:

Burning Bush.  It had an overhang over the fence, so trimmed it like an arbor.  In the fall it's leaves turn bright red.

Middle photo: Big Sycamore behind the Mimosa tree.  The Syc. is what died (lightening strike)and had to cut down leaving the 8 ft stump to decorate for Christmas.   That was Bunny Bunny's hutch under the Sycamore. 

Bottom Photo:  Hibiscus and other growing things.

This is where I spend a lot of my time 😋

100_5620.JPG100_5623.JPG100_5595.JPG

Message 14 of 411
latest reply

Who the heck cares? (#3)

Well Dom, I'd take your 30's over my 30's that's for sure! HAHA I love a good sale on stuff you need! My momma is picking me up (hopefully) two milkhouse heaters that are currently on sale. With these low temps coming I'm certain some water line or another of mine will be froze over!

I love stuff fresh from the garden! 🙂

Shirls, I'm in the midwest. We're gearing up for the cold and the storms. Supposed to get up to 50 mph wind gusts here coupled with the low temps. It's gonna be cold and windy. Oh wait...it's Illinois in January, so that makes sense lol

That's a beautiful yard, Shirls!! I'm sorry about the hibiscus and the burning bush (one of my favorites in the fall!!!)

I'm so very much hoping we do not get these low temps like they are predicting, but no matter what it is we will survive!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 15 of 411
latest reply