cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Daily Grind (Paradise Lost)

Yep, Monday is cleaning day, in spite of all the changes over the past year or so, some things remain the same.  That is why it becomes The Daily Grind, which just may be a comfort in it's own way.  

shirleys8093_0-1608006367717.gif

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 224
latest reply
223 REPLIES 223

rootienooutside.jpg

This is the "I don't want to go outside in the cold" look. 

Finally fixed Rootie's buckskin with new velcro so could ditch the safety pin.  She still doesn't want to go outside. 🌬

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 224
latest reply

hello anybody there.gif

Message 3 of 224
latest reply

I found it!  Poor Rootie looks so comfy, you really going to make her go out in the cold?

Look!  Stella can take a selfie!

272083830_3065152277070166_9120243960708728433_n.jpg

And I could still watch that Minions gif for hours!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 4 of 224
latest reply

She's good!  See how she put her ears down to get a good fit on screen?   She's enjoying some sunshine on the back of the couch.  Did she get the idea from a kitty? 

Glad you found the place...decided to give it a new name. 

100_6035.JPG

Ever hear of The Piano Guys?   I decided to create The Piano Girls. 100_6038.JPG

Message 5 of 224
latest reply

Oh, I like the piano girls!

Yes, Stella figured if Q could be on the back of the couch so could she.  Silly dog.   But she loves it so I have given up and that is now their couch.

Like the new name too!

Q doesn't take selfies, but he's cute anyway.

20220108_180017.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 6 of 224
latest reply

Oh, I like the picture of Q!  He is beautiful!  Don't you love the white whiskers?  Esp. the ones over the eyes as they seem to be pretty long too.   Q reminds me of the tuxedo cat I once had; Sadie. 

Nicer day outside today.  Highs in the 30's.  Windy yesterday and a little blustery but nothing at all like what is roaring up the northeastern coast.  Calling it a 'bombogenesis'.   Where do they get the names for this stuff?

Worked a little today on latest project.  This one is about Myah and is helping me deal with her loss. 

Here's a photo of Sadie.  Her eyes will look funny because the camera could remove the retinal light reflection, but replaced with 'button' eyes.  She was a big kitty for a female.  Lived to be 19. 

sadiekingpin.png

Message 7 of 224
latest reply

IMG012.JPG

This was taken aprox a month before I had her euthanized.  She just wasn't feeling well and not a happy camper.  She had a thyroid disorder and did well on daily medication for a number of years.  The med was compounded to an ointment that could be applied to her earflap. 

Message 8 of 224
latest reply

Oh, Sadie was a gorgeous one!  And she looks pretty big for a female.  Q is around 20 pounds, had his thyroid checked, etc., and he's just a big guy.  He also is a big baby.  I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and he's always lived in this house with us.  You can imagine the ruckus he makes when I have to take him out to the vet!

I don't know where they are coming up with these names for weather.  Atmospheric river was the big one around here - it's rain.  We get a lot of it.

I got a closet cleaned out yesterday - that was my big accomplishment.  I have several bags of clothes to get rid of but I need to go through them again.  The local high school is having a clothing drive to raise money for the drama club so I want to pull out the nicest stuff for them.

except-maybe-caturday.jpg

Message 9 of 224
latest reply

What Monday means for me is to start the weekly house cleaning and laundry if there is any.  Have been working on a project for the past couple of weeks whenever I have extra time during the day.  Finished it today and got some photos. 

Cats may not know the days of the week, but they know what time it is.   Dogs can be good at this as well.  Myah knew her meal times (and she had several a day), when I would have lunch and head for the recliner, TV time at night, and when it was my bedtime.   Like clockwork.  I really miss her at those times. 

It's nice to sort through belongings and have a 'helpful' place to go rather than goodwill or a thrift shop.  Feels good to help out a good cause. 

Sadie was 15 pounds vs Myah's 7-7.5 pounds. 

100_6047.JPG

Message 10 of 224
latest reply

11898681_1485125418469743_3733798823027054251_n.jpg

Message 11 of 224
latest reply

My cats are pretty convinced they need treats first thing in the morning and they tell me all about it.  I don't even get coffee first!  You get so used to having them around, it's strange when they are gone.  Big hugs!

It's way too cold today.  Of course, it is February.  But we already had snow this year, I don't want any more.

Love your piano girls, just gorgeous. 

And look at that weirdo cat!  Nobody can question his weirdness!

Still working on bathroom remodel - meeting with electrician this week to get things set up.  I think I have "decision paralysis" - you know when there are too many decisions to make so you can't make any?  I told the project manager they really needed to help me out and give me smaller selections.  They know what I'm after, just do me a favor and narrow down the choices please!

meme_can_t_decide_by_devilhand41_de9r3my-fullview.jpg

Message 12 of 224
latest reply

There are times in life when having to make decisions is hard.  State of mind, stress, or just wore out are not good times to decide what you want in your bathroom.  Especially when things have changed since the start of the project to now. Narrowing down the choices would be nice.  I'm like a kid.  Give me 4 at the very most. 

Today I played the hunt and search game.   Seems the older I get the more I play the game.  Or I have brain fog.  Better yet, I just don't know where every cotton picking item is in this house that I have lived in since forever.   Looking for old pet vet records as I don't remember when they died.  Had an unfinished project from several years past that I wanted to finally complete today.   Myah will be gone 6 weeks tomorrow.  Just doesn't seem possible.  Most of all, it just isn't right.  She should be here. 

I've made the decision of what to wear a lot easier.  When you put on weight, most of your clothes don't fit anymore.🙄

wierd.jpg

Message 13 of 224
latest reply

I have a really good idea of what I want (I'll send you some pics), but finding the stuff is exhausting.  I have been to so many tile, flooring, fixture stores.  Oh well, I'll get it done!

I have been in our house for nearly 20 years and can't find half the stuff I'm looking for.  It does not help to have things in total disarray from the bathroom issue.  I guess that's another "oh well, I'll get it done!"  Doing a lot of those.  Couldn't find the packing tape the other day.  Where the heck did it go?

Wish I could just hug you, missing a furry friend is so hard. 

Actually going into the office today.  I like working remotely but need to show up once in awhile.

And this was just tickled me this morning.

dog-the-bounty-hunter-14120.jpg

Message 14 of 224
latest reply

To help dealing with Myah's loss, I decided to re-create a few things of hers in miniature, 1/6 scale same as Barbie.   Found a small cat figurine to repaint and a balsam wood trinket box to paint.  Her clay paw print will go inside the box.   Doing this helped me to cope and gives me something to look at that brings good memories. 

Rain, rain, and more rain.  Finally stopped at around 6 tonight.  That is 2 days of rain.  Temps are down to 30 now and will get lower; into the 20's.  Glad the rain stopped or everything would be coated with ice. 

Dog the bounty hunter is so cute!  Rootie has been doing some different things lately and I wonder if she misses Myah.  She got hold of the paper towels and did the same thing as this little guy.   She has never paid a bit of attention to the paper towels before. 

Hope you find what you are looking for...going to various stores to find a particular item is exhausting.  One day when you aren't looking, you will find it. 

shirleys809304_0-1643944537269.jpeg

Message 15 of 224
latest reply