cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Well, I ended up going into work for a few hours yesterday - just had a few things I wanted to get done before the week started.  Didn't stay too long but it was good to get some stuff accomplished.

Other than that we're boring around here - just the usual stuff, you know?  Spent a lot of time figuring out insurance stuff this weekend - doesn't that sound like fun?

hEC3395DD.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1126 of 3,155
latest reply

cboyhatsaloon.JPG

Maybe it's time for a bottle

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1127 of 3,155
latest reply

GAAH!!  You would'nt believe it!  Parked the car on the other side of the garage(outside) and ANOTHER swarm of wasps came out from under another  shutter.  Another nest!!  ugh!

Message 1128 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh no!  Did you make dh get out the wasp spray and get rid of them?  Or just burn down the garage?  Smiley Happy

And wait - you can get 2 cars in your garage?  I'm jealous.  Mine only fits one - of course, it's my car that fits in the garage and dh's workshop takes up most of the other half and his truck wouldn't fit in the garage anyway, but still.

I do like those Barbies and their attitudes.  Especially that "Maybe it's time for a bottle"

temptation.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1129 of 3,155
latest reply

He didn't want to mess with them.(chicken cause he didn't want to tangle with them again)    i was all ready to suit up and go do some spraying, although burning it down is another option.Smiley LOL   We are having a cool down this week-end.  One night maybe into the 40's.  I bet the next morning those wasps will be a little bit slow...er...........roh roh.

Is this week flying by or is it just me?  I think i am not looking forward to Friday and that is why it is going so fast.

Message 1130 of 3,155
latest reply

I can understand not wanting to mess with them but, seriously, he already had a bunch of stings - what's a few more? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)

Had beautiful weather yesterday -  I kept sneaking out for short walks.  Absolutely perfect.  I could get used to this.

Off to work early today - you know the story.

4e2dd3fcb216cd2452ebb680a08fdcd1.jpg

Message 1131 of 3,155
latest reply

I is not ready for tomorrow.

It can be Thursday wannabe all it wants.

Top it off, I get this 'duty' for the whole month of September, my favorite month and the weather is going to be SO NICE!! sob sob

Message 1132 of 3,155
latest reply

Aw Shirls, you need a big hug!

September is my second favorite month.  I like June too.

What I don't like is my sinuses being all screwed up - it's making me cranky.  And you know how I get when I am cranky.

Looking for a do-nothing weekend but it's not happening.  That's okay though - lots of yardwork in nice weather this weekend, I can live with that.

My pet goose has gone missing all week - must have headed out for the winter or something.  Haven't seen any geese around at all.

Got up last night to get something from the kitchen, came back and The Queen was curled up in my seat and seriously gave me this look.

importantbowl.jpg

Message 1133 of 3,155
latest reply

BAAAAAAAD kitty!!!!!!!!!  So verrrrrrrry bad!

Hope nothing happened to your goose, but if they are all gone, maybe they went somewhere for the winter?

Today wasn't so bad........it's the rest of the month that is going to inhale.............hahahahaha!!

.........a peanut.

Message 1134 of 3,155
latest reply

Nice, chilly morning this morning!  A good day to get hornets.  Their nest was behind a shutter.  I got 'em!!  All 32 of them!

Message 1135 of 3,155
latest reply

All hail Shirls the great wasp eliminator!!

Love that video - hadn't heard that tune in a long time!  Thinking of anyone in particular for the rotten peanut role?

Raining day yesterday so I did inside stuff.  Tried stealing Q's blankie so I could wash it but he was having none of that and guarded it all day.  Silly cat.

Did you see the story about the 200 pound tortise found wandering the street?  That's a big pet.

And cye

Work, work, work, work, work, work....

9eddf29fc621a5acabed163293ac557b.jpg

Message 1136 of 3,155
latest reply

Cats are just crazy aren't they?  I think that is why I like them.  (and get along so well with them)

Saturday at the church yard sale I bought "Mooky" Myah a cat bed.  Nice and soft and clean.  $1.00.  I have never had a pet, cat or dog, that liked the pet bed.  I had a feeling though, Myah would like it.  Got it home, set it down, left the room, came back about 10-15 mins later and she was in it kneading dough.  She loves it!  She ditched her sleep spot on the futon and stays in her nice new bed!  Awww.  She kneads dough in it al the time.

I didn't have to report today and I don't have to tomorrow either.  Just watch, on a day I want to do something fun...........

We have had such nice weather since Friday.  Lows in the upper 40's- low 50's; highs in the 70's.  Low humidity too! Just fabulous!  By Friday, near 90 again. 

I do have someone in mind for the rotten peanut role....heh heh.

Message 1137 of 3,155
latest reply

It's funny how the pets pick their "spots" isn't it?  I have no idea what goes into that decision, some kind of weird animal logic.

And you know you're saner than the cats.

Maybe you'll get called in for something interesting?  It could happen.

Our weather is cloudy and rainy but is supposed to clear up this weekend some.  Of course, I'm working this weekend, so.....

I'm thinking a middle of the week, short practice foray is in order.  I think I may need the break and since I'm not sleeping anyway we might as well!

This reminded me I need to go shoe shopping.  Can't wear plaid Keds all the time!

enhanced-buzz-7546-1379108143-10.jpg

Message 1138 of 3,155
latest reply

Some cats just love shoes!  Sadie the Tuxedo was always throttling my flip-flops or putting her head down inside my slip-ons and would blindly push the shoe across the floor or just lay on them.  Never had a cat that did that.

A little foray sounds good to me.  Can always go on one of those to release pent up 'energy'.

CYE    I kind of went off in there, so beware.  Oh well.  (not at you of course).

Message 1139 of 3,155
latest reply

Going off was actually great!!

I am late, late, late, late, late....

images.jpg

Message 1140 of 3,155
latest reply