cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Those little chipmunks can be fierce!  Bet she did bite him.

Does the fairy compound sparkle?

Got to work yesterday really early and they had the power cut while the crew replaced power lines in the street out front.  Of course we have electronic locks at work so I couldn't even get in the building for nearly an hour while they finished up.  Then had to get things going again, always a joy.  And the day didn't get any better.  ARGH!

So in early today to do all the work I didn't do yesterday because I was busy putting out fires (not literally).

C'mon Friday!

And this made me think of Myah.

hqdefault.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 991 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, that really inhaled!!  Go to work an hour early to wait for an hour.  I think I would have had to light up over that oneSmiley Very Happy

Whew!  I would NOT want to tackle THAT cat for a tooth brushing...no way.

Poison Oak update:  The WHOLE right forearm from wrist to elbow has a nice array of little blisters.  I guess I must have rested that arm on the knee too.  OK.  Next time I get this Oak business, just strap me down so can't move.   In fact, put me in suspended animation so nothing touches anything!!!!  AARGH!!  You know last year, went to Barbie convention sales room covered in Oak.  Guess if I would have attended the Rolling Stones concert tonight I would have been covered in Oak again.  But at least I would have been having some fun.

C'mon Friday is right!  I finally took the plunge and have a hair appt for that day.  Should be interesting.  Not going as short this time.

Maybe a foray is in order for the week-end?  I think we should do more flying this time and use more smoke.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 992 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes, yes, yes on the foray this weekend and much, much more smoke - let's wreak a little havoc!

Bummer on the blisters - that is miserable. 

I will be glad when they finish up with the work in front of office.  Yesterday they had the whole road out front blocked off - couldn't even get to the parking lot.  Fortunately, I know some back alleys that got me where I needed to be.

A Stones concert sounds like fun!

I got my hair cut yesterday - not short but thinned out and trimmed up.  Looks so good, which should last at least a couple of days.

Rotten kitten decided I needed to be up this morning.  He's better than an alarm clock.

funny cat pictures with captions (5).jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 993 of 3,155
latest reply

Awww isn't that sweet!  That kitty loves his/her paw paw.  Just gotta be right on that face up close.  My other Siamese liked to be really close too.  She would sleep with her head resting on my neck.

Watch out in those back allies, Rootie ha!

I would have liked to have gone to that concert.   We were within 50 miles.  I did get to see them 40 years ago, so would have been interesting since we are all becoming geriatric.   This was another stadium concert too.  Didn't catch the news tonight, so don't know how it went.

Yeah, we have to plan something big this week-end.  OR we could wait just 2 weeks for the 4th and do a big one then.

Message 994 of 3,155
latest reply

How about a practice run this weekend and a big trip for the 4th?  Or the weekend before since I'm taking a 3 day weekend that weekend too (yeah!  A 3 day work week!)

Not much planned this weekend except a big Costco run - going to do it early and get it over with.

Had some rain last night - smells good outside this morning.

Have to take a couple of hours off in the middle of the day today for personal appointments so off to work early.

Neil Diamond was doing a show nearby that I kind of wanted to go to - saw him 30 years ago and would have been fun to see him again.

funny_cat_700.jpg

Message 995 of 3,155
latest reply

The cat seems pretty trusting or knows he better not act up, ha!   Yep, one of those between a rock and hard place kind of days.

Got my haircut yesterday.  I like it.  It is short, but not like I have had it before.  She put a lot of 'product' in my hair, so looked good leaving the salon.  I just don't like the 'feel' of a lot of 'product'.   I made sure I had a little Dennis the Menace spike action up there; it's cute.  Left the bangs longer.  Now I won't have to worry about hair in my face or eyes when trying to maneuver on this souped up broom.

Relaxing day today.  Had a bit of rain yesterday and cooled us down about 5 degrees...haha!  Remnants of Bill.

Doing anything for Father's Day?   Not sure yet, but I suppose will get something to eat and then wander around to walk the meal downSmiley Tongue

Message 996 of 3,155
latest reply

The pup used to get Q in her mouth like that when he was small - never bit down on him, was just a fun game.  Can't do that any more!

I hear you on the "product" - it always looks so good leaving the salon and then the product starts making my hair feel kind of heavy, if you know what I mean.  I wouldn't mind having someone do my hair for me every morning, so much easier for someone else to do it.  I'll bet you look cute with your cowlick.  Pics please.

Had a busy weekend doing lots of little chores.  Did the Costco run, weed eated, laundry, etc., etc.  Not much for Father's Day.  Called my father in law.  Makes me miss my dad.

Going to be hot this week - summer is here!  Hooray!

This made me smile this morning (I'm easily amused).

maxresdefault.jpg

Message 997 of 3,155
latest reply

998!!

Monday night already??  Busy day so it went fast!  Yardwork and housework and I'm tired.

The Oak is looking a lot better and no more spreading!  No itch whatsoever, so I guess the poultice I concocted works pretty good!  Yay!

Saw a pair of doll legs sticking out of my mailbox at church Sunday morning.  Someone gave me an old nurse Julia doll.(1968 or 69 is when she came out)  She has seen better days, but I think I can get her to look middle of the road compared to ones I have seen listed here.  Her hair has been chopped a little and someone took a black ink pen to her face which of course has bled into the vinyl.  Her hair is no longer black, but has oxidized into a reddish-orange color.  A lot of collectors do like the oxidized hair and I am one of them.  Anyway, she got a much needed bath and shampoo.  Found the side part in her hair and re-did the part, got her bangs combed down and tried to even her hair.  Looks a lot better.  All her rooted eyelashes are present and rest of face paint is pretty good.  So, she has been camping out on the window sill with clearasil on all the inked areas.  I freshen it up about every 8 hours or so.  Clearasil works wonders to get ink off; even if it has 'soaked' or bled into the vinyl.  I have another nurse doll outfit plus hat to put on her.  Will have to look and see if I have any white mod pilgrim shoes to complete the ensemble.  I will probably need to repaint her lips when all done.  I think she will look pretty good.  It is so much fun to work on beat up dolls like that and make them look nice again.  That was the high-light for my week-end.

Not sure if the 2 chipmunks have decided to share the property or not.  Saw both of them this morning in close proximity of each other.  No fights or big bushy tailed chases.  Either that, or they just were so busy looking for food they actually missed spotting each other.

Message 998 of 3,155
latest reply

That sounds like a fun project!  I'll bet she looks adorable.

My latest project is turning a really cool computer given to me into a new server for the house.  Time for the old laptop with four external hard drives to go (hey, don't judge, it worked!).

Had planned on a nice easy week at work to get a bunch of little stuff done - I shouldn't plan weeks like that, they always blow up on me.

Hooray on the oak!  I have never had poison oak or ivy, maybe I'm immune?  Wonder if some people are.

Big old goose at work has decided he has to say hello to me every morning.  Comes waddling over talking to me - guess he keeps hoping I'll feed him.  I don't since I don't want them associating me with food, but he appears to be ever hopeful.

So I think we need a huge 4th of July blowout.  To celebrate both holidays, you know? 

And because I'm a nice person, I am setting up the 1000 snipe for you!

Message 999 of 3,155
latest reply

Oops forgot the pic so 1000

neener.jpg

Message 1000 of 3,155
latest reply

Congrats on the 1000 super duper SNIPE-A- ROOTY!

That cat is a brat cat

I guess that means you bring the bottle...and I would like a bottle of CRAVE s'il vous plait 🙂

Can't believe we finally made 1,000!!  Woo Hoo!  Let the foray rip!

It is 10:15 pm here and it is still a very muggy 87* .  Ugh.

Sounds like you have a pet goose.  Maybe he will ignore you after he figures out he won't be getting any snacks from you.  If not, I guess he likes ya 🙂

Hump day tomorrow!  Already looking forward to this week-end.

Message 1001 of 3,155
latest reply

I will bring the bottle to the foray but you are in charge of glitter dust!  I figure triple smoke canisters and a bunch of glitter dust and we should be able to totally have some fun!  We're going into zombie territory this trip so need to be a little careful.

Yikes on the heat!  We've been cooling down enough in the mid-evening that we can open the house up which is nice.

My plans for 2 three day weekends in a row crashed on me - ain't that always the way.  Whine, whine, whine.

hAFDCCFEB.jpg

Message 1002 of 3,155
latest reply

Kitty looks like one tough hombre.

No problem with the glitter fairy dust.  Have silver, gold, cranberry, & emerald green that has a little purple mixed in.  One of the fairies was fooling around and 'accidently' mixed some purple.

Almost finished with the Julia doll.  Did a little touch up on her lip color today.  I'll seal it tomorrow with acrylic.  When that is good and dry, I will dress her.  Right now she is in a neon green with pink polka dots swimsuit.   Goes so well with her reddish oxidized hairSmiley Wink

I think we will have a bit of a cool down this week-end.  Won't count the chickens before they are hatched though.

See ya tomorrow!

Message 1003 of 3,155
latest reply

Where did you find cranberry fairy dust?  I thought the supplies all got used up.  Have you been hoarding?

We're supposed to get up in the 90s this weekend so all my yardwork will be early in the morning.  Not as early as the neighbor who routinely mows at 5:30 a.m. though.

The Julia doll sounds adorable in her swimsuit!

Next big project is replacing the tub enclosure - getting a plan together for that one.

Out of here early - want to get tons done so I don't end up working 1/2 the weekend.

54532304.jpg

Message 1004 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey Shirls and Rootie,

I haven't been to this side of the boards, in a long time.  I was going through the groups looking for one I guess is now gone, and ran across the Park, which I had all but forgotten about.  I stopped in to check out the topics and came across this one, which caught my eye, because of the title.

We could use a little "paradise" up here in Michigan. It has been a cool start to summer, after a long winter. Yesterday, was the first time since putting the boat in the water in May, that we got out to the island where a bunch of us gather in the evenings and weekends. Every other time we have had the time to get out there, it has either started raining or it has been to cold or windy to get on the water. We were beginning to get cabin fever In The Summer YET !! Smiley Frustrated

I hope the poison oak rash and blisters are starting to heal. Like rootie, I've never been affected by poison Oak, Ivy, or Sumac.  For that matter I don't have much of a reaction to Portugese man of war, or jelly fish stings either, and I've had some experiences with both. 

Gotta go for now, my wife forgot her medicine and needs some NOW. See you later

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 1005 of 3,155
latest reply