cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Hey, my green fairy dust is getting low - can you send her my way?  I've been a bit heavy handed with that stuff lately!

I was miserable yesterday - did something to my back and just could not get the darn thing comfortable.  Boo!  Hiss!

And then I slept late - which is not a bad thing but I'm behind.  Again.  And need to de-fur my slacks.

Nice trousers.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 946 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh I hear you on having to de-fur dark clothing.

We do not sound fit to go on a foray.  We are going to need all the assists we can getSmiley Tongue

Did the grocery shop thing today and that was about it!  Tomorrow is Friday, so I better have a little pep to go goofing off.

Had a bit of a struggle to get to this page tonight.  You have any twubble getting in? haha!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 947 of 3,155
latest reply

I haven't had any issues for a few days - maybe your computer needs some coffee?

I'm going to have to do some serious grocery shopping this weekend - I noticed we're about out of almost everything.  Except pet food - we never seem to run out of that.  Guess we have our priorities right!

got fun stuff planned for the weekend too  - baseball game!  Always fun!  But I just made the mistake of looking at my "to do" list for the weekend and I think I need more weekend.

Pet fur seems to get everywhere.  The pup is almost finished shedding - hooray!  She has that very fine undercoat and every spring it starts coming out in clumps.  I can brush her twice a day and still have to vacuumn daily. 

That reminds me.

funny-hairy-legs-cat-sleeping1.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 948 of 3,155
latest reply

Gettin' in just fine now.

Still waiting on that rain.....thunder & lightening though.

Not doing a thing this week-end.  Cupboards are full and the cat has plenty of chow, so we are set.

Rest in Peace, BB King ~ Riding With the King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJBmcuzktw

Message 949 of 3,155
latest reply

I loved that entire album!  One of my road trip favs. 

Had a busy weekend - got the shopping done, had a great time at the game (even though we lost, but I got a really cute blue fedora) and spent most of yesterday morning fixing sis's computer issues.  Good thing 3 day weekend is coming up.

Did get a pic of me and the Mariners Moose - he came and sat with us for awhile at the game.

Supposed to be gorgeous week all week and then rain starting for the weekend.  Wonder how many times I can sneak outside?

And off I go to tackle Monday.  I love Mondays!

8126461231_ae8ea4673a.jpg

Message 950 of 3,155
latest reply

What a goof of a kitty!  He makes any Monday laughable.

We got nearly 3" of rain this week end!  I was hoping for 2" so got a bonus with that!  Amazing how fast stuff grows when it gets rain water vs ground water.  I swear Rootie, the Vinca vine grew 5" over-nite.  The ivy is going nuts, the shrubs have put on about 3" of new growth.  I have a little pepper and tomato setting on.  How cute!  Hope that brat of a chipmunk stays out of there.  And with all the rain, the moles were moving.  Some of the places he has tunneled(like along the fence) the rain washed the dirt away so now have all this gap under the fence that will have to be filled.  He also came up into the lawn.  They are destructive critters.  I was hoping he drowned out there!!Woman Mad

Spent a lot of time in the doll room this week-end.  That was a good time!  Found stuff I forgot I had.  That is good for curbing the urge to buy more Barbie "stuff" when you ARE trying to thin the collection.

Well that's cool you got to sit with the Mariners Moose.  Maybe I will see the pic some day??Smiley Wink  Went to church and that was about it for me.  Came home and made pulled pork.  Oh what a treat!!  Maybe I'll send you a pulled pork bun through the teleporter... yum yum!

Message 951 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for rain!  I think we may get some but not a lot - just need to clear the air up some.  Of course, it also makes the grass grow.  Didn't we just mow?

Pic will be on it's way once I can get up and get to my phone - my lap is currently occupied by The Queen who apparently has no intention of vacating.  And it was fun!

Playing in the doll room sounds fun.  All the stuff you found you must have set up some cool new sets.

Please do send sandwich - I have a feeling I don't want to cook tonight (and that's just from glancing at my work email this morning).

Planning to get my garden in this weekend - just tomatoes and squash this year.

Wasn't there a song about Tuesday?  Can't think of it right now.

a64ce8ed6b35c20eeddbf447b8797695.jpg

Message 952 of 3,155
latest reply

Are you thinking Moody Blues?   Tuesday Afternoon.......

OR Rolling Stones...........Ruby Tuesday

Hahahaha!!  How 'bout Elton John.........Tuesday nights were meant for fighting.....oh, that was Saturday.........

Absolutely a beauty of a day!  Wind direction changed so low humidity!!  I was surprised to see it was 78*, but with the low humidity it was great!!  I think the high humidity returns this week-end....boo hiss!!  Spent a lot of time outdoors!  Will also be able to have windows open tonight to cool the house.

Washed bedding and hung outside.....oh it smells SO good!!

Have appt. tomorrow.  Am tempted to cancel.

Message 953 of 3,155
latest reply

2nurse&abby.JPG

Message 954 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh no!  If the nurse barbies are needed, it must be serious!  They look so cute though!

Yeah, there were a bunch of Tuesday songs... wonder which one I was thinking of?

It was absolutely gorgeous here yesterday too - got to have the house open right up until bedtime.  I envy you hanging your bed linens out, my allergies won't let me do that.  Boo!

Callling for a few showers for the next few days and then clearing up for the long weekend - a good start to summer!

I thought I was almost caught up at work, silly me. 

They are doing construction across the street from my office and apparently the geese have decided to sleep there at night.  So every morning I see the construction guys herding the geese and babies across the road to the lake - those guys have the herding geese thing down pat!

Enjoy the weather!  I always feel happier when the weather is good, but not as happy as this guy.

funny-pictures-happy-drunk-orange-cat.jpg

Message 955 of 3,155
latest reply

It is going to be cooler tomorrow, yeah!  I think 70* for a high and may even drop into the 40's for overnite low.  Doesn't bother me one bit.

Cut down one 'wall' of the ivy growing in front of the house.  Took it all the way down.  Looks strange with that bare area, but I do think it looks nicer.  Found a robin's nest while cutting the ivy down.  She was already done and out of the nest.

The appt. went well today.  The nurse Barbies?  I tried to make one of them look like Abby Schuto of NCIS.  Her hair needs to be shorter, but I did not want to ruin the doll by cutting her hair just in case I wanted to change her back.

Can't believe Memorial Day week-end is coming up!!  It will be 4th of July before you know it, ha!

This month was a year since got the promo rate for cable.  What a big difference on the bill.  Yikes!  Figure that amount up for a year, I could buy lots of pairs of new shoes and then some.  Or pay for my trip home this fall...........

Message 956 of 3,155
latest reply

Flash&CL.JPG

Message 957 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the guitar Barbie!

I love it when it cools down at night - so much nicer to sleep!

This year is just flying past isn't it?  Seems like the older I get the faster they go.

Ivy is a constant "work in progress" isn't it?  Seems like just when you get a good portion of it gone, there's some more.  Grows as fast as my raspberry vines which already need taming.

Glad the appointment went well - that's always good news!  I have one tomorrow.  Yuck.

Yeah, when our promotional rate ran out on the cable I called to cancel pretty much everything and they gave me a rate that was almost the same as the old one. 

Did you remember to CYE yesterday?

I don't want to think today but guess I'll go to work and pretend.  Maybe I'll get inspired.

string-theory_thumb.jpg

Message 958 of 3,155
latest reply

Calling Shirls!  I think we need a Friday Eve foray!  It's been that kind of day!

Message 959 of 3,155
latest reply

I was a wondering who was trying to call.  Several times too.  Phone would ring 3 times and stop.  I know it's late, but if you are still up for a run, we can still go cause i am ready and so are some of the girls.  Dress warm cause it is in the 40's.  I'll bring a couple of bottles and some other fun stuff so we can discuss all the latest.

I think it may have reached 60* today if lucky!

Goof off day tomorrow!  Yay!  May be in for a nice week-end too:-)

Message 960 of 3,155
latest reply