cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

The Seahawk fans' jubilation was measured on the richter scale, ha!

Sally Forth is one of my favorite comic strips.  Read her every day!  I love how dysfunctional their families are though they work at rising above what they grew up around.  I also enjoy reading Poncho(sometimes has a rough spot), Pickles(about an elderly couple), and Family Circus.

I think I may have a mild case of the flu or cold.  Sunday felt kind of warm and really tired; scratchy throat.  Covered up in a blankie and took nice nap in the recliner.

MIL sent us a goodie box.  One of the items was a 9 oz bag of Ahi Tuna Jerky, teriyaki flavored.  So tasty!  DH just brought the bag back here.  3 little pieces leftSmiley Tongue  I love it when she sends us snacks from Hawaii.

i try to make interesting stuff to eat.  After all these years, sometimes cooking can get monotonous so try to spice it up a little.  Then there are times when nothing will beat a nice meatloaf and potatoes meal.  Next time I make something interesting, i will send it through the teleporter.

A little warmer today, but also rainy most of day.  Tomorrow won't be much above freezing again.  Looking forward to the weekend as by Saturday we just may reach 60* and will be sunny!!!! yahooooo!!!

Cleaning day today.  Decided to dust some of those places that don't get dusted as often??  Cough, cough!!  Wow, the dust bunnies.

(I hear a bag rattling out in the livingroom.....what snack goodie is he in to now???)  i better check just to make sure I'm not missing out on something.

Having a little taste of spring.  I forgot about the amarylis so was too late for Christmas.  It is starting to come up now and can't believe how fast that thing grows in a 24* period!!  Last year we would measure the growth on a daily basis.  It will grow 1/2 to 1 inch per day.  When the flower is developing inside, then it stops growing height-wise.  So, tis fun to watch.Amaryl3.JPGthis is from last year and I just deleted the other photo by accident..argh!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 766 of 3,155
latest reply

Amaryl3.JPG

Message 767 of 3,155
latest reply

So pretty!

Yeah, the Hawks fans are a rambunctious lot!  We have fun though and that's what it is all about.  Can't wait for baseball season to get here though.

Your treats sound yummy.  Too bad you didn't snag some of that jerky to send through the teleporter.  I end up eating variations on the same thing a lot of times - just no time to play around much.  Did buy huge amounts of pepperoni & turkey pepperoni recently that were on sale so have been using them in salads for my lunch.  Really yummy!

Boo to the flu/cold/feeling yucky!  Hope you're better fast so you can enjoy the sun this weekend.  We were up in the 50s yesterday and had some sun - took an afternoon break and went out and just soaked it up.

I love Pickles - always good for a giggle.  I also like Pearls Before Swine - that guy will go a long way for a joke!

Got PT this a.m. - those guys like to hurt me.  Actually it's all coming along nicely, just wish it would go faster!  Patience is not a virtue I am known for!

But I'm going to be like this little guy today!

j4kmolcc4m4l.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 768 of 3,155
latest reply

I like the "pew pew pew" sound for the lasers.  He is one bad kitty.

Myah hung out with me a lot today.  Normally when I am busy doing stuff, she just heads for her favorite spot and takes a nap.  Not today; she stayed by me even while I chased down more dust bunnies.  She's a one person kind of cat. Good day for the 'late' fall cleaning because it was in the 30's, breezy, and overcast.  I just need a few more yucky days so can get this job done and over with.

Had merlin jerky tonight.  Snacking on shoyu peanuts right now.  I love it when MIL sends a goodie box, but then I hate it too.

I am feeling better today.  Havn't been doing my excercise outdoors for several days now.  Have a good routine downstairs that gives me a pretty good workout.  My neck has really been bothering lately, so need to keep up on that.  Bothers most when on the puter.

Pearls before Swine.  We don't get that one here. It's not in the daily paper anyway.  Will have to check the Sunday paper to see if it is in there.  Yeah, I get a kick out of Pickles.   See what happens when people have been married to each other for 50 years?

Message 769 of 3,155
latest reply

On the run this a.m.!  Just dropping by to leave this for you:

Funny-cat-meme-lol.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 770 of 3,155
latest reply

On the run?  Maybe you should take the car. It's faster. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>(runs away)

Message 771 of 3,155
latest reply

Get back here Shirls!  Don't you dare run away after that!

Craziness abounds again this week - boo! 

The Queen has suddenly decided that she loves the little laser light and is now getting down on the floor (!) when the pup and Q are down there to play with it.  Sometimes I can get all three of them going - it's pretty funny.

Cold, cold, cold this morning - want to stay home in my jammies all day.  Doesn't help that I had a late night last night - went to see The Wizard of Oz at the movie theater.  I'd never seen it on a big screen so wanted to go.  It was wonderful, of course.

And this was me all day yesterday.

2c39a042e5b6256227a182fd773fbeaf.jpg

Message 772 of 3,155
latest reply

Our newspaper is full of craziness.  People do some pretty strange things.

Still can't use the laser light with Myah.  She will chase it for a few seconds and after that, she tries to get to it out of your hand.  Once she figured that out the game was over.

Could not believe we had snow this morning.  It came down nicely for about 3 hours but did not stick.  Still predicting a nice Saturday for us though; 56 and partly cloudy.  I'll believe it when I see it.

I bet WOZ was fun to see in theater.  We always have to see Hobbit movies on big screen.  Avatar was great too.  There is an IMAX back home that is a lot of fun to go to.  It is in same building as the museum, so makes a nice place to spend an afternoon.

Hang in there Rootie!  Friday is upon us in just a few hours.  I have the whole day to myself and I am truly looking forward to that!

Message 773 of 3,155
latest reply

Going to take a deep breath and then rush through Friday!

Our papers are full of craziness too - most of it related to Seahawks fans!

WOZ was really great - fun seeing it on the big screen.  Don't go to movies often so I really enjoyed it.

The Queen knows where the light comes from - I keep the laser in a little box next to my chair.  When she's ready to play she comes and starts trying to get it out of the box.  Not very subtle but I get the idea!  She has me trained.

My sinuses are seriously messed up today.  Boo!

And I love my pets but, seriously, if they show one more pic on the news of people dressing their pets up in Seahawks gear I'll have to send all of them this (crabby old lady that I am).

stupid.jpg

and I'm not talking about a cute coat or t-shirt or something.  These people dye their animals, put shoes on them, etc.  Totally nuts.

Message 774 of 3,155
latest reply

Didn't get the day as I thought.  The sun shone all day though.

OK, so Friday is about done & no fireworks.

Put gas in the car today.  Reg. is $i.88 here.  What is it there?  I can't even remember the last time gas was at this price.  I do remember .30 cents a gallon or maybe even lower because I can recall just putting 50 cents worth in the tank for an evening of cruising in the old '54 that everyone called 'The Green Bomb'.

Had more fun in that thing, ha!

Looks like it's time to hit the alfalfa.

Good night Rootie and have a great week-end.   I like your kitty's message, BTW.

Message 775 of 3,155
latest reply

hotdog.jpg

These are NOT weener dogs.

Message 776 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, darn - I had this nice reply typed out this a.m. and came back to my computer this afternoon and it had hit  a glitch and not posted.  Go figure.

Cute pic!!!!

And this was today.

8256657dab19fdd679d43ad164ee1a639ec74f139e50f84f6f5c4fd607ef1a4c.jpg

Message 777 of 3,155
latest reply

Saturday decided to head to one of the state parks and stay at the lodge for a night.  It was so nice!  Weather was good; 59* and sunny.  Came home Sunday afternoon.  Definitely needed the outting.

Today was beautiful!  DH raked up more leaves and mulch/mowed the yard.  It looks so nice again.  Seemed strange not to have to rake for a change, but that was fine by me!

how was your week-end?

Message 778 of 3,155
latest reply

Ack!  Promptly came down with a bug for the 3 day weekend and spent the whole time in bed shivering.  Totally miserable... whine.....

Feeling almost human today, but want to stay home and sleep.  I won't, but I want to.

That sounds like a lovely impromptu mini-vacation!  Glad the weather cooperated.

Did keep an eye on the game Sunday - it was a great one for the last 5 minutes.  Not so good before that.  Just glad we won and are going back to the Superbowl.

I suppose I'd better go get dressed and get into the office.  The Queen disagrees and wants me to stay right here and pet her apparently.

Have a fun Tuesday!

Message 779 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh Rootie, that does not sound fun at all!  I can just about imagine how you felt.  A week ago last Friday, a lady who works at a little postal store was coming down with something.  All bundled up and feeling nasty.  Talked to her today and she was still not feeling too well.  That is a long time to be ill with a cold or flu or whatever she has.  Been a bad year for the crud.

Another beauty of a day here today but, I think it is our last one for a while.  Supposed to get colder and maybe have some rain or possible snow later on in the week.  I moved some of my potted plants out just for a day out of the basement.  Rounded them back up early this evening.

I'm watching a couple of  barbie dolls that I think are pretty cute.  One is from the 60's (mod)and the other early 70's.  Don't need them as having a hard enough time as it is to keep my collection under my limit.  They are not over-priced as so many are.  It is what they are wearing that makes them so cute.  Nothing elaborate or even really collectable; just something 'fun'. 

Needed to vacuum back here today so put the footstool on the futon.  Put Myah's litterbox on top of the footstool.  Got called away for a time and when I came back Myah had needed to use her box.  I am so thankful the whole mess didn't tip off the futon!    Would loved to have seen her perform her 'duty' up there.Smiley Tongue

Hope your day wasn't too bad and that you are not feeling so icky.

Message 780 of 3,155
latest reply