cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

I took my lounge chair outside and relaxed for about 45 mins just watching the birds and the clouds float over.  Clouds looked more like cotton candy today.  It was in the low 90's, but the humidity wasn't as bad plus there was a nice breeze.

Mosquitoes were out in force this evening, so didn't get much accomplished out there.  Came back in the house.

I  need a nice trip....I really, really do.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1531 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, he really might be.  I love how cats like to try to look dignified in the most undignified situations.

Sitting on the lawnchair watching stuff sounds lovely.  I got home late last night - decided to get a pedicure too so now my toes are sparkly purple and my fingers are summery purple.

I owe you an email.

Can't do a nice long trip right now but could I interest you in a short foray this weekend?  Have a new horn I want to try out.  Smiley Wink

And I have to go figure out what's wrong with the office phone system.  How do they break a phone system????

Now, try to put a box on THIS cat!

Funny-Cat-Pictures-with-Captions-4.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1532 of 3,155
latest reply

Yes, you doSmiley Indifferent   Has all blown over by now, but your thoughts could be interesting.

Smiley Tongue

Humidity was sky high today; just miserable out there. 

Another appt today; checking on the thyroid again.  All my labs are good tho RBCs & protien are just a tish low.  

Peach truck was in town so got a few(split a container with another lady).  Nice BIG peaches and taste so very good!  Have not had a peach that good in years!  These would make one awesome peach cobbler!   Store had some nice mangos too.

DH is working on the deck.  Having to replace a couple of the boards.  It has just been so wet at times, so a few of the boards were starting to rot.  We were going to repaint/stain, but after the power wash it looks pretty good.  Course those new boards........We are trying a different color and I think we both are a little afraid it may be too big of change.

Short foray will do this week-end.  I'm going to stock up on protien barsSmiley Tongue

Message 1533 of 3,155
latest reply

In my defense, I read it, started to reply and then.... well, things happened.  You know.

Glad your thyroid is looking good.  I had an MRI yesterday and I HATE those things.  But I did it.  You may pat me on the back.

DH has been power washing the patio as he's able (it's a big patio).  I'm seriously thinking of switching to a deck out there.  I have ideas.

Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend and only a little rain so I may actually get yard stuff done (or go play, we'll see).

And What?? Protein bars?  Why no peach cobbler for the foray?  I was going to bring ice cream!  WAAAAA!  And I was going to bring the super secret weapon!

Mixed-Cats-fun-mix-5227765-303-306.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1534 of 3,155
latest reply

Not sure about the thyroid, ultrasound results not available just yet.  Labs are normal but sometimes nodular thyroids can maintain proper function.  They are keeping an eye on one of the nodules as it is larger than the others and has increased vascularity around it.  Once it gets to a size they can classify, they will do a biopsy.

Good job on the MRI.  Been a long time since had one of those.  It didn't bother me, but some people don't do well in them.  So you get a kudos for getting it doneSmiley Wink

We can do peach cobbler, no problem....I just need more protien is all Smiley Tongue

Had a storm blow in like all of a sudden.   Poured rain.  Called the city again about the drainage....this time they did send someone to take a look. 

Message 1535 of 3,155
latest reply

Fingers crossed that nodule does not grow any more - that could happen, yes?

This MRI was not fun for some reason.  I think because 1) I didn't take drugs ahead of time and 2) it was longer than usual since they needed to do a special protocol to minimize the effects of the metal in my back.  Oh well, it's done and that's the important thing.

Bummer on the storm!  We were up around 80 with a nice breeze and a few clouds.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Hopefully will stay that way for the weekend.

I do pretty good on the protein, it's the fat I have problems with.  I always seem to be low on fat.  Ice cream has fat.  Smiley Very Happy

I did not want to be up so early.  Maybe I'll get into work super early and then leave early and take a nap before the game.  Yeah, that's a good plan.

frabz-Happy-No-pants-day-0293b5.jpg

Message 1536 of 3,155
latest reply

It could. The last US showed no growth.  This was the 3rd one.

Quiet weekend and a hot one.  Did get some yard work done but stayed in the house most of the time.

I think the chipmunks may be getting used to each other.  They were both frolicing in the flower garden Saturday.  Not really together though.  Can't believe Chip didn't realize the other was on her turf.

Getting more stuff sorted out for the church yard sale and got my gardening corner of the basement cleaned out.  Yay!

Message 1537 of 3,155
latest reply

Well, haven't you been productive!

I tried to get stuff done this weekend, but every time it seemed I was getting somewhere I'd get interrupted.  Mostly by animals.  We're still ridding the yard of raccoons - at least they aren't coming up to the house any more but they are still getting at the berries in the tree so my poor pup gets driven crazy early in the morning while they are up there.  I've started not letting her out until it's light (which she is not pleased with).  Hopefully they will move on soon.

I did get the hall closet sorted out - it kind of became a place for "stuff" to get stored.  All the games we had for when the nieces & nephews visited (they are all now teenagers, don't think they want to play Hungry Hippo again), mismatched gloves, etc., etc.  Looks all nice and neat in there.  Should last about a week.

And yummy peach cobbler!  I was proud of myself for not dropping any!  I don't think we get to fly that particular route any more though - the Queen was not pleased with us teasing the grimrucks with the cobbler and then only dropping cheese on them.  Kind of stirred them up and they tried to get to the castle kitchen to cook.

Got to get a haircut after work, I'm kind of shaggy.  Such excitement.

949cacbc1704c42cd9f4f2990711b51d.jpg

Message 1538 of 3,155
latest reply

It was a typical Monday.

This Queen can be a softie unless she was afraid we were really going to make them mad and they get even.  The last queen was a bit of a rogue.  Interesting what we take on these forays latelySmiley Very Happy   I must be missing a lot when we are out because I read a lot of stuff I had no clue even happened at all!   Then, I suppose I could quit making all those sonic upside down flying tricks.  Last time I did that got smacked in the face with the tops of a willow tree. 

I'm still chopping away at my own hair.  Once I can't get it to look the way I want,  I go in have my gal chop it off really short and start all over again.  Sometimes i wish I had never cut my hair this short because I don't have the patience to try growing it out again.   Besides, having it short is easy to take care of and is easy to color too.  I havn't colored my hair for quite some time now and I feel like it's time to cover the gray again.  I would like to go a lighter shade but still have 2 boxes of the darker color left.

Rootie likes to get into Myah's toy basket and each time she does, she pulls out the little skunkSmiley Very Happy

Seeing raccoons in the back yard would be interesting.  All we get are bunnies, 'possums, an occasional skunk, and these bratty little chipmunks.

You remember Redbud?  He is the lone survivor on the FP.  He is still answering member questions.  I have gone over and said 'hi' to him.  He used to talk about the neatest things and loved the calmness in his posts. 

Message 1539 of 3,155
latest reply

Yep, either the sonic loops mess you up or we should save the cocktails for after the forays!  I haven't met the new Queen yet, maybe we'll do a land foray and pay a visit to the castle.

At least we don't have skunks.  I don't think I could deal with that early in the morning.  As it is, until the raccoons decide to quit foraging the berries on the tree I can't let the pup out until it's light.  She goes nuts with them out there and dragging her in early in the morning is hard.  I'm sure the neighbors appreciate it!  We've pulled up all the water sources so they aren't coming close to the house any more.  I had to pull her in the other morning and stepped smack into a swarm of ants.  It was not a fun morning.  Can you see me out there in my jammies pulling on the dog while trying to get the ants off my feet????

Unless I was going super duper short I wouldn't even attempt cutting my own hair.  It's so curly that it's impossible for me to get even (I've tried).  I seriously usually just get it wet in the morning and hope for the best.  Smiley Very Happy

I always enjoyed Redbud, good to know he's still around.

I stayed up too late last night watching the end of the ballgame and now I'm tired.  But it was worth it - we won with a walkoff homer.  Hooray!

I suppose I ought to get my behind in gear and get to work.

And we need a dose of cuteness (and I can't remember if I've used this one and too lazy to go look).

146.jpg

Message 1540 of 3,155
latest reply

I don't think you have used it before, but that's OK; I don't remember if you did and it is cute!!  Love how moms do the play bite and hold the kittens.

Ants!  The whole scene sounds not so fun for a morning when you are trying to get ready for a day of work!  Wow, who could have set that one up any better?  Speaking of ants.....have you noticed a lot of them this year? (other than the swarm that went up your PJ's).  They are all over the place here.  The wrens finally gave up on the bird houses because every one of them would become infested with tons of ants.  My flower pots are all full of them.  Trails of them on the foundation of the house going somewhere!  Spray to no avail.  I have never seen this many ants.  And I tell you, once they go up an arm or a leg, they can travel pretty fast and give little pinches as they go.

We got a lot done today.  Power washed the deck and the shed and front of the house.  3 loads of laundry, Rootie got a bath.  Not bad for a TuesdaySmiley Very Happy

Yes, I think we need to hold off on the liquid courage until AFTER the foray is done.  It just seems I can make right turns a lot of easier if I have a shot or 2 before we head out.  Good idea on meeting Queen Elinore.  Can see if the castle is having any ant problems while we're at it.

Message 1541 of 3,155
latest reply

sorry-im-late-there-was-this-thing-in-the-way.jpg

don't ask - more later

Message 1542 of 3,155
latest reply

I hate when I don't sleep well, am up half the night and then end up oversleeping!  Makes me cranky the rest of the day.  So I was super cranky yesterday.  My poor boss and poor dh.  I never know if they should get kudos for putting up with me or vice versa!

Trying to arrange things so I can go spend time with sis while her dh has bypass surgery.  Scary stuff but they do so much great heart fixing now.

My excitement for yesterday - I finally broke down and bought more coffee cups.  We were down to I think 3.  Not nearly enough.  But all I was finding in the store in colors I like were tapered so the bases were too narrow.  I have animals and a husband, I need stable cups.  Such problems!

Nothing much going on - I'm boring.  And I like it that way.

funny-pictures-cat-fills-space.jpg

(edited to fix spelling)

Message 1543 of 3,155
latest reply

That looks exactly like Myah's bed.  She quit using hers all of a sudden...I think when Rootie came on the scene.  Up until then, she slept in it every day. 

I had a night just like that not long ago...I think it was the night of the full moon.  I was tired when I got to bed and then just can't go to sleep.  Lay there and lay there.  Then, when it's time to get up, you are sleeping like a log.  I thought I would sleep good the next night, but kept waking.  Then just drag self around the next day and yes, am a bit cranky.

Any procedure with the heart is a scary thing and bypass surgeries scare me.  Understandable.  May be part of the reason you could not sleep; esp. trying to figure out how you are going to juggle all that is going on. 

I have too many coffee cups.  I have parted with a bunch, but I see the cupboard is full again.  None of them match and I don't care.

Rootie got to chase a bunny tonight, so she was pretty happy about that; letting out little yelps as she is chasing.  Too hot though to be chasing rabbits.

Message 1544 of 3,155
latest reply

I have no idea how animals chose their "spots".  Q has decided that the middle of the floor is "his".  Pulls his blankie over there if we move it and will sprawl out.  At least he's consistent, easier to avoid stepping on him.

I didn't really care if the cups matched, I just wanted enough to get through 2 days without having to wash them!

Yeah, my dad had a bypass in his 70s.  Very scary stuff but he lasted another 10+ years so that was good.

We've only been getting up to about 80 this week so it's been nice.  Supposed to get hotter next week though.

Nothing big planned for the weekend.  Do have to go grocery shopping - been avoiding a Costco run but can't do that any more or I'll run out of coffee!  Can't have that.

But maybe I'll sleep in tomorrow.  Right.

3321c76fab0ae3de3a208b8f6b59ccae.jpg

Message 1545 of 3,155
latest reply