cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Yikes Shirls - that was a ton of shopping!  I only did the drug store, the grocery store, the cleaners, the pet store and the bedding store (needed a new duvet).

And yes, we are floating away.  My office is on a lake and the parking lot continually floods right around the ramps up to the building - keeps things interesting.

You know, Brian Williams story is now getting boring.  He screwed it up (i.e. he lied), he admits it, everyone has a little less confidence in him and... well, that's it.  I get irritated when they take something like this and go on and on and on and on.

And btw, someone tell my email server that "Shirls is not junk" which I found out this morning it apparently thinks you are.  ARGH!

Just couldn't force myself into work this weekend.  I ended up sleeping most of Saturday and then had 8 gazillion things to do on Sunday. 

And it's Monday again.

images.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 811 of 3,155
latest reply

Had a good week-end.  Have my boxes of goodies ready to mail tomorrow.

It was a typical Monday.  Busy.

Yeah.  The underinflated football story really drove me nuts.  Not hearing a lot about Williams now past couple of days except for the cartoonists' hay day.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 812 of 3,155
latest reply

What are you mailing me?  Something good?

On the run this a.m. - one of those weeks.  Need more coffee.

Funny-Cats-Dogs-1.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 813 of 3,155
latest reply

A box of shoes.........Barbie shoesSmiley Very Happy   Sent a couple of goodie boxes to MIL and SIL.

Coal anyone?

Not the typical Tuesday.  After AM exercise we decided to prune every tree, shrub, bush we have.  Loaded all the trimmings in the truck and took it to the landfill.  Yay!  Won't have to worry about trying to burn all that.  Then we stopped at lowes to get umpteen bags of topsoil, garden soil.  By time we got home it was time to make dinner.   We were both tired and I bet will be stiff tomorrow.

Message 814 of 3,155
latest reply

I'll take Barbie shoes!  I love getting packages - like a little kid.

I needed new flip flops recently - discovered that they are cheaper and better made in the boy's department.

I'll bet you're sore today - but I'll bet the yard looks great.  I love getting stuff like that done.

3 day weekend coming - yeah!

for some reason this kitten just cracks me up!

Funny-Cat-Kyttie--Smilling-And-Sad-Dog-.jpg

Message 815 of 3,155
latest reply

I bought some flip flops last summer and found them in the girl's dept for $2 cheaper. They JUST fit is all. I have purchased a couple of shirts in the boys dept too and got them for a much lower price.

To my surprise I wasn't sore this morning.

Went out this afternoon to cover plants that are coming up prematurely.  Arctic Clipper is moving in tomorrow.  Friday through Sunday are going to have very chilly temps at night; 10* is the lowest prediction.  I could have done the covering tomorrow, but our high is only going to be 31* plus a lot of wind.

Message 816 of 3,155
latest reply

See?  You're in better shape than you throught!

We're warming up - going to be 60 today and cloudy.  We haven't had much of a winter at all.

So glad it's Friday eve - this has been a long week.  I ended up working 12 hours yesterday and I am moving slow today.  But gotta get it done.

Not sure how she did it, but The Queen managed to unplug my earbuds from the laptop and was having a blast on the floor with them this morning.  Little scamp!  She's currently in her rightful place on my lap.

Off to another day of drudgery.  Maybe it will go fast.  Maybe I'll hide all day.

funny dog images (7).jpg

Message 817 of 3,155
latest reply

I know you are looking forward to Friday, but can we slow the pace a little?  I'm in the procrastinating mood and it doesn't work too well when the days go by like a whirlwind.  Maybe if I just did those things I don't want to, time would not be coming up as fast.

We had a little blustery snow this morning.  That was kind of neat.  Lasted maybe a couple of hours, so no accumulation.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.  Need to take recycle for one thing.  Not sure I want to shop after I get done as the last shopping spree about wore me out!   Maybe just a couple of stops on the way back.......Smiley Wink

Valentine's Day Saturday alert!!   I think we are going out to eat but, beyond that I don't know.  I don't think it will be a red negligee type of thingSmiley Very Happy.

Message 818 of 3,155
latest reply

You mean your dh isn't going to wear his red nightie for you?  Meanie!  Smiley Wink

I procrastinate all the time and then have a bunch of stuff to do all at once.  Or more stuff to do.  Or something.  And sometimes I procrastinate enough that it goes away!

Boy, looks like we'll have yardwork weather this weekend - hooray!  Except the dr put the kibosh on me doing yardwork for a bit.  Maybe I'll nap instead.

And ugh, way too early to be up on a Friday but maybe I'll sneak out of work early today.  Yeah, that's the ticket!

Think I'll make cupcakes this weekend!

funny-cat-cupcake.jpg

Message 819 of 3,155
latest reply

The poor cat must tolerate his humans putting the asian fruit wrapper around his head.Smiley Indifferent

I think what I thought was an allergy is none other than a full blown common cold.   I escaped the last year or two, but it nailed me good this year.   I hate colds. 

Message 820 of 3,155
latest reply

Ah Shirls, hope you're feeling better!  Colds are the worst.

What a crazy 3 day weekend - don't think I sat down for more than 10 minutes all weekend.  Got a bunch of yardwork done and since it was such gorgeous weather the pup got some really nice long walks in.  I'm ready for a few days off!

I also managed a couple of naps - as in decided to lie down for an hour about 2 on Saturday and woke up at 9 p.m.!  Think I needed some sleep?

Supposed to be another gorgeous day and then start raining again.  I can't complain, this has been a very mild winter so far.  The skiiers aren't too happy though.

Take care of yourself - lots of chicken soup!

funny-cat-sleep.jpg

Message 821 of 3,155
latest reply

Shirls still sick?  Get better soon!

Here, this will cheer you up!

funny-cat-step-dog-collar-cone.jpg

Message 822 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm feeling back to normal again, it is just that I have cabin fever! I did sleep 12 hours Friday night. I have not left this house since the 13th and it is about to drive me nuts!  It snowed all day Monday so we have 8" of snow that may not leave us until Saturday when the rains come and it warms to 40*.  It is about 4* now and is supposed to get to -5* by morning.  The snow has stopped everything in this town.  No trash service, no paper, and not even postal service which is ludacris!  Most streets have been cleared enough to drive on as of this afternoon.(so the news reports). We had a little snow this afternoon, but not enough to write home about. Schools have been closed all week and won't resume until Monday.   Tomorrow I think our high is only going to be 12*.  Brrrrrr!  I still may not go anywhere tomorrow, gaah! Friday more snow and sleet.

Message 823 of 3,155
latest reply

We did go out today, woohoo!  But, I need to go by myself soon, ha!  Tomorrow more snow, sleet, and freezing rain.  We still have no mail delivery and that is just plain rediculous.

Message 824 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yuck Shirls!  I like having a nice quiet day or two at home but not forced ones.  Well, okay, I'd take 1 forced one if it fell on a Friday or Monday. 

Glad to hear you at least got out for a bit.  Cabin fever makes me grouchy.  Or grouchier.

Running late already, go figure.  I seriously want to go back to bed, but that's not going to happen so better get myself in gear.

Hope things calm down for you!

funny-cat-picture-if-today-is-not-friday.jpg

Message 825 of 3,155
latest reply