cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Funny girl!Smiley Very Happy  I caught on right away!!!!!

BBL

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1561 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG009.JPG

I tried to get this turned around but puter would't let me.  I'll try to make a copy of it and then see if I can change it. 

Here's a pair of friendsSmiley Very Happy

Message 1562 of 3,155
latest reply

Community is still slow at times.....kinda herky jerky.

Did you eat carrots today?

Just wondering.

This is rediculous and I totally give up.  Wondered off the page and thought I would never get back.  The circle kept a circling.  Will try again later.

Message 1563 of 3,155
latest reply

Love the bank robber Barbies!

No carrots today, but I had corn - isn't that similar?

Speed seems to have picked up in here.  Or else it's early and feeling peppy.

Trying to get some coffee in this a.m. before I have to stop.  Ugh.

I'm bad.  Not at work today and they are coming to put the new HVAC system in.  Letting the boss deal with it.  Shame on me.

Not much to see here.  Same old, same old.

But for a change of pace, here's some cats in space.

images.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1564 of 3,155
latest reply

CYE

Are you enjoying your new system yet?  When we put this one in, we were in heaven.  It handles this house much better than the old one did.

Good to have a day off....makes a shorter week and maybe they will appreciate you more?................no?????

Those must be foray kitties 🙂

Not sure what is going on with the chipmunks......the 2 intruders are both missing the last half of their tailsSmiley Very Happy

And I looked out the kitchen door window to see some little brown thing in my potted gladiolas.  It was a carolina wren dust bathing in there!!  She or he made a pretty good sized wallow.  So cute.  Sometimes he would just sit in the pot looking over the rim.

Message 1565 of 3,155
latest reply

Will answer tonight but the Farmhouse seems appropriate.

I love watching the birds do their dirt baths, they are so cute!

We'll see how the new unit does - been hotter than heck in my office lately and that makes me sluggish.

Going to have to get in early today - did not log in as planned yesterday so I'm sure I have 800 emails waiting for me.  I've been too chicken to look this morning.

I'm already ready for the weekend.  I think I'm just tired.

We need subwoofers for the brooms.

61ee77505dec7f65fd07f914789a94eb.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1566 of 3,155
latest reply

bumping up so Shirls can find

Message 1567 of 3,155
latest reply

Why?  Where did this go?  haha!

What a cute photo of dog with her pups!!  That is just too cute. 

Did a bunch of trimming small branches behind our fence.  There is so much wild growth back there(not so much on our property, but the next house over).  Now I know why the drainage ditch doesn't drain well when we have those downpours.  It is too full of dead limbs catching all the leaves, grass and what ever.  The guy who tries to mow back there has a difficult time with all the little branches sticking out and slapping him around when he goes by.  At first i was just going to do ours and when I saw the mess, I just cut it all (big problem was where I was going to put it all as I was not going to add it to my burning pile).  Maybe I will tell later...heh heh!   Had to clean an old wren house out and it was loaded.....i mean loaded with ants and larvae.  I have never seen so many ants.  They have been numerous this year; everywhere!

Not much else.  No drama today....snort.

Message 1568 of 3,155
latest reply

Where did YOU go?? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1569 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I just bumped it up to the top because I did the games backwards and I know you like it to be first.  See how considerate I am?

Was sick, sick, sick, yesterday.  Some kind of stomach bug I suspect but I mostly stayed in bed and moaned.  Seem to be better today, a little weak feeling so I'll take it easy at work, but much better.  I hate being sick.

Sounds like you got a lot done.  Did the wrens use the house this year?  Or were they waiting for you to clean it up first?  I think I need to take apart the bird house dh's brother made us and clean it up this year.  He was so pleased the birds were starting to use it, so it's a nice reminder for dh to have around.  I'm not big into bird houses (I think they encourage a mess) but I'll keep this one around.

I suppose I ought to get work done today.  Nah, I'm kidding, really!

e4272a8b695594679d81bfbab73532b4.jpg

Message 1570 of 3,155
latest reply

I have 5 birdhouses the wrens can use.  What the males do, is they start filling each birdhouse and when they get a mate, she comes around and decides which one she wants and finishes it.  Lays her eggs and on to a family.  I will clean that house out as soon as the young have gone.  I will watch the other houses because they will generally have 2 batches.  I'll clean that one when she is done.  Now, these other houses they didn't use, I kind of forget about them and next thing I know, they become a haven for ants.  I just need to keep them ALL clean ALL the time.  One of the houses that was attached to the deck was in pretty bad shape so I just finished breaking it up and threw it away.  At the end of the year I will clean the houses out pretty good.  Over the winter, the sparrows use them to keep warm and in the process fill them with bird doo.  Then have to clean them in spring again.

Thanks Pal for being so considerate.  Did you know that I keep it up there because I thought you liked lit up there??Smiley Very Happy

Being sick like you had is no fun at all!  Don't like a stomach flu or whatever it is.  Must have been some 24 hour bug and am glad you are feeling better. 

Another cute cat.  I would sure like to know what goes through a cat or dog mind.  Wouldn't you?

Message 1571 of 3,155
latest reply

We're just the most considerate of pals!

Feeling better today.  That was miserable.

Sounds like a lot of work on your birdhouses - keeps you out of trouble.  Smiley Wink

Have to be at work early to try to get caught up.  Wish me luck.

I think my dog thinks, in random order, "maybe I'll get a treat" "maybe it's time for a walk" "maybe it's a big bear" "maybe my squeeky duck really is talking to me" "maybe it's time for a treat".  A whole lot of maybes, a whole lot of anticipation!  My cats think "it's time to feed me" "it's time to pet me" "oh, you, again?"

Monday.  I love Monday.

61fe0e1c90ef1a5d4d086ff9c820a0b6.jpg

Message 1572 of 3,155
latest reply

Sometimes it still seems to post slow in here.

Went to a luau put on by one of the churches.  After the meal there was a Polynesian culture program at one of the auditoriums here.  The meal was so-so and had already run out of key entrees by the time we got there.  The program was pretty good though and very entertaining.  All the dances and chants were pretty cool.  Had some fun though for a change on a Saturday night.

Went out to fleamarkets and new antique store this week-end.  That was also a lot of fun and even won a doorprize.  Looks sort of like the glass balls that keep the big fishnets afloat, except this is decorative.  Not sure where to hang it.  DH says it belongs outside, ha! 

Bought some led garden lights.  This is the third set I will have tried and it seems these are finally working!  3 to a set; butterfly, dragonfly, & hummingbird.  They have the alternating lights so are very pretty and I am happy they work!

Glad you are feeling better.  It must have been one of those bugs that leave you drained for a few days.

Message 1573 of 3,155
latest reply

The luau sounds like fun!  And your prize sounds, interesting.  Of course if you don't like it you can always take it apart and use the components in different projects.

I love the LED lights that are pretty but mine never seem to work right either.  Oh well, they are colorful in the yard.  I need to go to 1/2 Price Pots this weekend and look for a new planter for in front of the house.  The one I have just isn't quite right.  And maybe my plants would grow better in a nicer planter.  Either that or I need to remember to water them.  I need more hours in the day!

I think it might have been a bug combined with the effects of the steriods.  I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

The geese at my office have decided to take over the construction site.  It's pretty funny to see the road work crew chase them back to the lake every morning.  Those geese are stubborn!

Kind of cooled off yesterday and we actually got a little rain.  Feels good and it's supposed to be back up to 80ish for the weekend.  I'm planning a whole lot of yardwork this weekend.  And hoping to catch the Perseid meteor shower Thursday or Friday night - supposed to be spectacular.

Ok, not really (maybe)

b71450cb734e97468438bb79f77cd89b.jpg

Message 1574 of 3,155
latest reply

Leave it to the minions....love it!!

We maybe had 2 days without rain.......poured this afternoon.  Begins a 7 day stretch of it.  And it doesn't cool us down all that much.  Will be in the upper 80's tomorrow; the humidity will be so high our heat index will be in the tripple digits again.  Complaining does no good and no one likes to hear it, but......I am sick and tired of this cwap!!

You could be right Smiley Wink

That would be comical to watch a bunch of men herd geese every morning.

Always something needing done in the yard.  Looked at the ivy up front and if it doesn't need cutting again.  It likes to sprawl out on the ground as well as go up the side of the house.  Doesn't take long for it to attach itself either.   I have a couple of plants I think I am going to toss at the end of the year this year.  Getting too old or rootbound and really don't feel like putting them in bigger pots.  I winter stuff over in the basement and would be nice not to have so many pots to drag in and out.

The prize is cool, just need to find the right place for it.  I like your idea too, so if I do hang it outdoors and the jute/rope doesn't hold up, I can just take it apart and create something else pretty Smiley Happy

Dental appt. today and all went well.

Message 1575 of 3,155
latest reply