cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay-Paypal's New 21-Day Hold on Funds

Last night I received a disturbing Paypal payment, it was definately different. The email said in part...
"You've received a payment....blah blah blah... We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction...blah blah blah....We’ll release the hold in 21 days..."

The email further states that Paypal/eBay MAY release the funds early if:
1. The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
2. We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

The email also instructed me to SHIP the item right away.

No. 1: I don't need eBay or Paypal to advise me on something I already do very well. Although we are relatively new at this, we have STELLAR Rating of 100%.

No. 2: A 21 Day Hold on our money is B.S! Its OUR money. But of course this maneuver allows Ebay & Paypal to significantly increase revenue by reaping (raping) the interest on millions of dollars.

I too want eBay to be a safe and trusted shopping venue, but this punishes those of us who follow the rules. It should be implemented on only those who are failing to provide quality customer service.

I also noticed the sneakiness involved. This was not widely broadcast in advance (I don't recall hear/reading anything about it) and It was implemented on a Friday afternoon. I sure hope everyone raises 2 colors of hell about this. Lodge a Formal Complaint.

Uncle Fred
Message 1 of 365
latest reply
364 REPLIES 364

IVE BEEN ON EBAY SINCE 2004 THATS 13 YEARS RIGHT, iVE NEVER HAD A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IN THAT TIME, HAVE EBAYS ABOVE STANDARD RATING. I RECENTLY ADVERTISED MY ENTIRE COLLECTION OF FLUTES AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES TO PAY BILLS SO I COULD CONTINUE LIVING AND KEEPING ESSENCIAL SERVICES. HALF THE COLLECTION SOLD AT BIN PRICE WITHIN 12 HOURS TO OVERSEAS BUYERS, AND I MUST SEND IMMEDIATELY IM TOLD BY EBAY IF I WANT TO SPEED UP THE 21 DAY HOLDING TIME THEY NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE OR WHILE I LISTED !!!!!!!!!!! ok BUT HOW CAN I POST IF YOU ARE HOLDING ALL THE FUNDS WHICH I NEED TO POST, THIS IS A INTREST PONZING SCAM AND WILL KILL EBAY !!!!!!! IN THE PAST THIS WAS NO PROBLEMTHIS POLICY WILL DESTROY EBAY FOR SMALL TOP RATED SELLER BUYERS AND I WILL TELL ALL AND SUNDRY TO BOYCOTT EBAY IN EVERY REGARD, ITS NOT ON. ITS NAZI COMMUNIST STYLE STUNT AND WILL BACKFIRE. SO YOU CEO'S UP IN THE BIG HIGH RISE OFFICE THANK YOU FOR THIS UNPRECEDENTED LOAD OF RUBBISH OF A COMMERSE SITE THIS IS NOT COMMERSE ITS OPPRESSION AND GREED. PLEASE DONT FORGET 13 YEARS SELLING AND BUYING WORLDWIDE AND NOT EVEN ONE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !!! EVILBAY REPENT !!!!

Message 316 of 365
latest reply

THANKS...
WE ARE WITH YOU ...
FRAUD ...
Message 317 of 365
latest reply

I am dealing with three same thing.   I found a list of reasons on paypal.   However they are just frustrating.   It's all buyer buyer buyer, echo cares about the seller.   It wants me to ship fast and claims a bunch of reasons of why it might be held that serve in the buyers interest.   However,  one reason that stood out to me was there could be a problem with the buyers funds out insufficient.   

So what?   That means I have to wait 21 days to know out I'm completely screwed?   

Why is ok for a buyer to have there item without me getting paid first but not ok for me to get paid before they get their item. 

My father had used ebay for 10 plus years.   And he never one single time sent an item out without getting payment first.   And he strongly advises me to do the same.

Message 318 of 365
latest reply

I'll start with the  fact that i am not sears or best buy.   This is ebay.  I am not here to give credit or let people yessir my stuff now and I'll get paid later.

Thus is absolutely not tee way I would have sold my item if I knew anything about this 21 day good **bleep**

Also.  What happens if they cancel the bank transaction after I ship item?  Just supposed to say see ya later money?  

Tks gives buyers way to much off a chance to rip you off.   Pay pal allows them to buy without having money in their account at the time.   What if they never out it in?   Is pay pal or ebay gonna  take the hit and pay me ?  Yeah right,  ill be the one out the money. 

Also you claim this its all about in case our item isn't as described,   they will take our money tho cover it. 

Ok?  And what happens if it is as described and the buyer claims its not.  Your still going to take my money right? 

What is out that makes ebay and pay pal assume if your seeking an item your so much less trustworthy then if your buying an item? 

I have to much anxiety to wait 21 days to know if ill get paid or gave my stuff away for free.

Message 319 of 365
latest reply

I too have recently fallen victim to this 21 day holding policy. The payments are on hold and my item has been shipped. I was unfortunately locked into selling it due to ebay policy. I'm a new seller but I don't imagine using it more than once if my first time I get scammed. I sent several messages to my buyer including the notice that I cannot give feedback until both parties are satisfied.

Message 320 of 365
latest reply

Why can't they at least give us the funds on the shipping? They monitor our shipping prices and get their hands on our needed shipping monies.

Message 321 of 365
latest reply

You got that RIGHT

Message 322 of 365
latest reply

They SUCK. I stopped ALL transactions with them.

Message 323 of 365
latest reply

I have got caught in their holding money scheme over $295.00. And I'm to ship before I'm paid??????
Message 324 of 365
latest reply

I've actually fought with Ebay about this, I had to refund 12 people money back because the productI was supposed to receive  was pushed to back order( I was getting it the next day so I listed them), when I found this out I sent refunds immediately, this put my account in below standard and now Ebay has the right to hold my money which I was counting on for Christmas, THIS IS TOAL **bleep**! 

Message 325 of 365
latest reply

The shipment I sent out got delivered two days ago and they're not letting me have my money until the 17th. Which is effectively almost an entire month I have to wait for my money. Every time I sell something, I go through the same thing.

I think I'm going to try Etsy out.

Actually, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet. Wait for it. It likely will be shortly. Haha.

Message 326 of 365
latest reply

vintagecoolfinds wrote:

And No, you don't just take it lying down. .  you make Government regulate these people with the laws that already exist.  

As bad as it is now (seemingly a protection racket through legalized coercion), the very worst thing to do is ask for more government. Everything the government touches ends up costing us more. Not only that, we'll end up having to pay for a license in order to sell your old watch, and risk them sending men from the government with guns if the buyer claims it isn't as described, and not as descibed suddenly becomes a federal charge...because government. lol.

The only real solution from a casual observer's obsevation is to sell elsewhere. That's really the truth of the matter.

Message 327 of 365
latest reply

Yeah, stop selling on ebay.  That's all they'll ever notice or care about.  Considering the way they treat sellers it's amazing people keep coming back for more punishment.  I had to fork out of a hundred bucks for shipping and put it on my Paypal card, only to find Paypal was holding the money sent for shipping.  

That's the bottom line.  They want YOU to assume all the of the risk and charge you it.

Message 328 of 365
latest reply

Yeah, stop selling on ebay.  That's all they'll ever notice or care about.  Considering the way they treat sellers it's amazing people keep coming back for more punishment.  I had to fork out of a hundred bucks for shipping and put it on my Paypal card, only to find Paypal was holding the money sent for shipping.  

That's the bottom line.  They want YOU to assume all the of the risk and then charge you the "service."  

Message 329 of 365
latest reply

I AGREE 100% word for word. 21 day Hold is **bleep** the Buyer could be dead by then. Time to sell elswhere.
Message 330 of 365
latest reply