cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting scammed by Buyers & Ebay

Ok i am getting really of this.

Recently I sold a lot of 500+ banknotes. I clearly stated that many banknotes are in poor condition and that they range from poor condition to UNC (brand new).

The buyer was from costa rica, I charged him $20 dollars for shipping but it ended up being $47. The buyer received the package and opened a dispute. I have returns on all of my items but this one I didn't because there were over 500 banknotes and there is no way that I would document them all and take picture of very single one so I said no refund because I would not know if it would be returned which ones the buyer would keep and replace with his own.

The buyer claimed that the banknotes were soiled and damaged and that he could not sell them on ebay to make a profit.

I called ebay and the customer representative told me to call back in 5 days and that the refund would not be issued. I called 5 days after and they told me that, that never happened and that the buyer has the right to return the item and all the money would be refunded to him.

I am so sick of this abuse by buyers and ebay helping them. I constantly get opened cases for items not arriving. All is ship is regular letters I can;t belive that so many people would steal regular letters.

I am SICK AND TIRED OF BUYERS ABUSING THE SYSTEM AND EBAY HELPING THEM.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You need to ship with tracking. To many complaints filed and your account will be gpne
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I shipped with tracking number, that's why it cost me almost $50.00 dollars.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sold a lot of collectible cards, 9 binders in all, 1 one binder in particular being the bulks of the value. Went for $950, shipped out with a package weight of 62 pounds. Buyer received and said most valuable binder was missing...go figured. Ebay sided with buyer, buyer shipped back a 53 pound package, ebay gave a refund to buyer. I am out all my money and product.

Talked to ebay and appealed, they gave a $173 credit to me....almost worth it. When I talked to ebay high dollar cust service, they said there was NOTHING I could have done to protect myself. Seems like a pretty big flaw in the system. I will NEVER sell anything on ebay again. The system is set up to protect buyers, not sellers, and allows buyers to take advantage of the system.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Just recently taken to the cleaners by a dishonest buyer and by ebay. I sold a pair of brand new Jordan XX9 shoes for $155 + $15 shipping. Buyer was impatient from the get go. Auction ended Saturday evening, so first chance to ship is Monday. He contacts me Sunday asking when I will ship, I told him Monday. He contacts me Monday morning asking when I will ship, I told him Monday and I didnt know Monday was over already. He get **bleep**, leaves me a negative feedback saying I am a scam, you get what you pay for. Mind you he leaves this before even receiving the shoes which was delivered to him a few days after that.

Scam artist emails me saying the shoes are not the Jordans he bought but Air Maxes and he has video to prove it. I have a 100% rating of 496. He has only 10. My reputation speaks for itself. I call ebay customer service 4 times from beginning to end and they end up siding with this scum. He gets his money back, he sent back an old raggity pair of Air Maxes, he gets new Jordan XX9s.

The two evils here, scam buyers who know how to work the system and ebay for not protecting sellers who they make billions off of. Why have a feedback rating if you dont consider that in who to believe? Why even offering seller protection if thats non-sense and they will always side with the buyer? Why not let sellers leave negative feedback about scam buyers to warn future sellers of their deceit?

I am done with ebay. One of their pillars is to have 100% confidence. Well, there is no confidence anymore. I hope ebay goes upside down.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You kid failed to protect yourself
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I know you are very upset, But I strongly believe in karma. Dont worry, trust me that person will get it in the end. with that said, its a very harsh learning experiance. and the lesson learned is that its a fact that selling on ebay needs to be taken with extreme caution. two major things you should have but failed to do. (1) ALWAYS!!! take video footage of you putting the items into the package and the drop box. make sure it clearley shows the recipients name and address. NEVER let the package out of sight  while recording.  mention your ebay username and also record  the post office while you are walking out of the building and its address.  I know its seems like a lot but, it is what it is. and it can win your case. if buyer turns out to be scammer. immeditaley upload the video onto youtube. name the video    ebay item number?????????.        Another thing you should have done is record getting the returned package from the mailman. again never removing package out of sight. open the package while recording.  That would have proven that the  buyer sent you a totally different item than what you sent to him.     Keep your head up , Dont be discouraged. You will prevail.     -eboniray

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Recordings prove nothing , too easily faked.

Nor would eBay accept them as anything
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

sold a item comic reallly nice condition after nearly 2 weeks told me it arrived damaged load of coblers  after learlly 3 weeks he said he wanted to return the item got it back it is now worthless he has ripped the cover.ripped a 1 inch rip on the spine this is a £400.00 plus comic he got for £385.00 i reported him to ebay they saud they would open a appeal then amazed a return email saying case closed and found in the buyers faver so what about my appeal itsa a joke he got his money back i got a worthless comic back he will pay in the end of the day trust me 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Old post
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Sorry but for high-value items use another site. eBay will ALWAYS find in the buyer's favour as that's their unique selling point. If you want your money back best thing to do is buy the item from someone else and rip them off. Not the right way to do it but that's the way eBay have forced you into doing it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Best thing is close your account, suggesting scamming others is so unneeded
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Sound advice.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply