cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won't let me close my account

I have been trying to close my Ebay account for over 3 months, but it won't let me due to suspicous account activity. So I call in and tell them its me, close my account. Sorry, I can't see any reason why you can't close your account. So I walk them through me closing it again, same messgae. Ok, let me transfer you to the trust and safety team.......... thats who I clicked to call me in the first place. I have now been sitting on hold for 30mins, just close my account. I have had it since 1999 and have finally decided that Ebay sucks, now close it. Idiots.

HAHA awesome I just got someone who is now saying I removed my payment methond as a seller so my account have been suspended, I don't owe ebay or anyone else any money and it has been 4 months since my last sale.

Now I am being told I have to call paypal to be sure my paypal account is still active. I told them it is I used it today.

Now I am being told I have to link my paypal and ebay accounts back together before I can close my account. 

This is just a sad attempt to keep long time registered users to make the numbers look good at board meetings so sad.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay has really gone to hell. They're pulling the same bus game with me. I bought an item that didn't work, I opened a case, the seller said send it back so I did. The seller then opened a case on new saying the phone may have been tampered with so it possibly won't be in the same condition when sent. The phone never worked out of the box, when I tried to get service on it I guess that means it was tampered with. Sorry Ebay but you have to get the phone connected to get service. I guess that's considered tampering with it though. I'm so sick of getting screwed by this company as a seller and buyer. I'm done with these con artists and games.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I completely understand where you are coming from, I have had my current account since 2010, sold almost 500 items, had 3 neutral and 2 negative feedbacks, they suspended my account indefinitetly due to my previousu account was suspended for $4 shipping charge on movies, games, cds etc.(apparently buyers think that was too much even though they paid it) I can only buy with my current account, but I no longer want to give them my business since they are clearly a pos company only allowing big time sellers to be able to mess up and have terrible % and somehow stay in business, anyways they refuse to close my account and I dont want it open at all in fear of someone hacking it or somehow getting charged or buying something without knowing. Just want it deleted but the pos customer service refuses

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply