cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to determine my gross sales amount for 2013?

To prepare my taxes, is there an easy way to find the amount of my gross sales for 2013? I once phoned ebay and was told I could call and they could give me the amount, and today, of course, they tell me they can''t. Looking at my seller amount page, it can tell me the last 3 mos, but I need the las 12 mos. Anyone know if there is an easy way to find the amount? Thx for any help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I guess you don't keep separate records of your online sales. Live and learn.

If most of your payments come from Paypal go there and print out your archived Payments Recieved for the appropriate time period.

If you occasionally receive cheques, you would have them in your bank deposit book along with commercial money orders.

If you cash postal money orders at the PO, there would be no record. Same with cash. 

I use a paper spreadsheet to record 

:

Title

Price

Shipping and Handling

Postage

Cost

Source

Buyer location.

because at work I use an Excel spreadsheet daily and it has a tendency to disappear randomly, so I don't trust keeping important records online. (I print that one out daily, so I don't have to rebuild 12-15 pages of records.)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am folllowing this thread since I have the same questions.  Now I have a different one:  how do you keep track of eBay listing epenses for an item--especialy in a store setting where you also have a monhly store fee?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

i also had this problem ebay keeps records up to 3 mos so i had to start recording it first i used excell. now i use quickbooks i print hard copys of all transacsions an the end of the month then put them in quickbooks the next day. most people like quickbooks online because its just 12 bucks a month but i got the program on my computer

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

theres a list of listing expences in your mothly invoice tells everything listed and how much was charged. now adding them up for a total is the trick if you just want the total for fees.copy the new fees chart and paste it into excel sort by the decinding order that would put all insertion fees first you can now delete the rest and use the block below all the amouts to have it give you a sum.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Try it fot free Jan is a great month to start up on this go to my ebay look at apps . I have used it for 2 years gives it is set up through paypal so the info u get is great it will tell u how much the ebay fees were how much the shipping was if u pay for shipping thru ebay. it gives u a income and expense column from that if u do most of your buis from paypal its easier than messing with paypals archives.

The Total #s for outright might be different than the #s u get from ebay since outright works from calender cycle Jan 1 Feb 1 and so on.

Ebays #s work by when your billing cycle ends  Jan 16 Feb 16 so looking at the 2 month to month may look a bit off.

Outright also keeps track of your customers so u can find out if u have repeat sales.

Make sure u pay for all fees postage and any other fees thru paypal. This will help give u good #s at the end of the month and yearly

the upgraded $8.95 edition looks slick also but the quarterly info for me is not what i am  looking for.

As for 2013 I would archive paypal for jan-august and just use a calculator.

@sniper1 wrote:

To prepare my taxes, is there an easy way to find the amount of my gross sales for 2013? I once phoned ebay and was told I could call and they could give me the amount, and today, of course, they tell me they can''t. Looking at my seller amount page, it can tell me the last 3 mos, but I need the las 12 mos. Anyone know if there is an easy way to find the amount? Thx for any help.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I run all my reports through Paypal. I do not get any checks or money orders. All my fees are paid through paypal, payments made from buyers are through paypal and everything is broken down there as well. I just run a report for all fees that went to eBay, then all money paid out to USPS, all monies that came in, all money that went to paypal fees.  Just add up all your fees, shipping cost and subtract from your payments received will give you your gross from here then you have to take your expense report and subtract that. Hopefully you saved receipts so you can add those up and get a  total for expenses. I just add them up monthly and attach them to my monthly bank statement and then file it away till tax time. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply