cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my sized boot searches are broken

I have about 15 searches saved as bookmarks with specific boot sizes and widths set up as filters.  None of them work today.  I get search results as if those filters never existed.  Most of those searches don't even have the option to re-instate a size search.  That parameter just doesn't exist.  A few have a width search.

Somebody really broke the system this time.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Do not erase your saved searches just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old searches should be doable again, though you may have to substitute a filter or a keyword where previously you used a category, or vice versa.

If you modify all your searches right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Back when there was a problem with the shoe size item-specifics and the filters temporarily stopped working in some categories, it was possible to work around the problem by including the missing item-specific size term in the search keywords. I suspect that may work in this case as well -- try adding the size number to your existing keywords for those searches to filter out unwanted sizes.

It is just a rough workaround and not a perfect solution; some fractional-size terms may be more difficult to search for using text-based keywords rather than selecting checkbox filter terms, but it is better than nothing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@larryk47 

Oh...they wanted to re-work the system b/c it 'ain't broke...

That is the mantra around here as of late...

Sorry that eBay does not care about you as much as us sellers do.

...Everyone...

You know it's bad when the buyers are coming around and complaining about eBay's new system!!!

hurryagain_0-1616968071069.png

@nuclearomen 

@deadwaxmusic 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Somebody really broke the system this time.

Yup - same people, eBay > same reason, None

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Do not erase your saved searches just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old searches should be doable again, though you may have to substitute a filter or a keyword where previously you used a category, or vice versa.

If you modify all your searches right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Back when there was a problem with the shoe size item-specifics and the filters temporarily stopped working in some categories, it was possible to work around the problem by including the missing item-specific size term in the search keywords. I suspect that may work in this case as well -- try adding the size number to your existing keywords for those searches to filter out unwanted sizes.

It is just a rough workaround and not a perfect solution; some fractional-size terms may be more difficult to search for using text-based keywords rather than selecting checkbox filter terms, but it is better than nothing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.  It is frustrating to buyers and harmful to sellers when half-baked changes are made to the system.

I have both size/width information in multi-term searches as well as searches using the size/width filters.  Some sellers do not put that information in the title or description and others neglect to fill in the appropriate boxes when they list footwear.  So it pays to look both ways.

Checking my saved searches using filters this morning I see that while they don't work, the size and width filter boxes are both visible again so I can re-create and re-save my searches.

After many years on eBay as a buyer, spending thousands of dollars, in a few months I plan to join the seller side.  In the mean time, I hope they don't fix too many more things that aren't broken.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply