cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA Grading

is it worth grading cards for resale.     I have cards in the 80's and 90's mostly.  Lots of cards from wax packs and sealed sets.    Is it worth it or just a waste of time.     

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

PSA Grading

As a general rule, it would be a waste of time AND money.  A goodly portion of the 80's and 90's was when cards were drastically over produced.  Grading base cards would be a losing proposition.  Even superstars and rookies, from that period, would not make you any big $$.  There are probably some limited run inserts that might pay off.  Plus, to make it worthwhile, you would need to score 10's.  That is not as easy as some would assume.  Overall, bad idea IMO.  Best thing would be to check eBay listings for some of the cards you are considering for grading submission.  Don't just check listings for sale, they will be there.  Check sold listings for a true pictire of the market.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PSA Grading

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PSA Grading

I would only seek out grading of top cards from top sets (i.e. key rookie cards, hard to find inserts, etc). Anything else is just a waste of time and money, IMHO
Message 4 of 4
latest reply