cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for those silly blank filler cards from packs.

This will be the weirdest request you'll ever see.

I am looking for a quantity of those super thick blank filler cards that come in packs when there is no game used or relic card inside.  Obviously the manufacturers put them in there to throw off those who try to search the packs by feeling for a thick card.

Sometimes they are not blank and may have in-house advetisments on them.

Possible most people throw them away.

I am looking for some.  I have a specific use for them.

If you have a bunch and want to get rid of them I would be willing to buy them and pay shipping.

If you wanted to create a listing for this (reasonably priced of course), let me know either here or message me (user name gozhven).

I've already tried searching for them on both eBay and the internet in general and can find nothing.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, but I don't have any of those around right now.  If I did I would just send them to you.

None of my business, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.  What do you use them for?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

A couple of reasons.
First, I am a big collector of album stickers like Panini products since the mid 80's. Since they are so thin, they are often warped or become warped easily. The way I store them I have found that those really thick filler cards (2mm to 4mm thick) work perfectly and offer the best support for the type of setup I use that adds some pressure to the stickers in the types of storage I use. Yes I could find something else, but these filler cards are the perfect size for my needs.
Second, I am able to use them to create my own "jersey/relic" cards. I've made these types of cards for myself and friends, coworkers, family, etc...
I like to have a supply of them on hand.
I guess I am hoping that someone has a hundred or so or even more.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Gotcha.  Interesting and clever.  Once again, sorry I don't have any to send to you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I would keep checking because someone is bound to list those. I have used them for stiffeners inside team bags and seen other sellers as well. If you have a card shop or any shows in your area, I would let them know you are looking.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you have a shop that sells boxes or a show with a box seller like the poster before me said pass the word. I use them to ship with to keep the folks at the USPS from bending cards.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@hockeyhillbilly wrote:

If you have a shop that sells boxes or a show with a box seller like the poster before me said pass the word. I use them to ship with to keep the folks at the USPS from bending cards.

I have actually found the plastic trading card dividers are very useful for putting on both sides of a card inside the team bag to help prevent USPS from bending the cards.  They won't do anything for the OP but for those looking for something easy to find and reasonably cheap  buy these in quantity and also use them to protect my sets on both ends from any damage from the box.

Just a thought.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

if you're still SOL, maybe try using the the massively overproduced game used/relic/patch cards that are valued $3 or less. for the most part those players and/or cards will probably never trend ^ Monetarily, more likely to only decrease in value and become as worthless as the blank spacers!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply